Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer here reaching out for any bit of good advice to keep the dealer markups to a minimum...over the last several months, I had 4 occasions where I’d get in the SUV to go to work and heard the HVAC motor blowing and the battery then incapable of turning the engine over...the issue came and went...then this last week on a nice day, I was traveling with the fan in the off position when suddenly the fan kicked on on high speed...the manual fan speed switch quit controlling the speed...all other controls on the HVAC panel work fine...problem worsened when I arrived and shut the car off - and the fan was still blowing on high...the only way I could stop it was to pull the fuse under the hood...since then, I’ve disconnected the connection at the fan under the dash to simplify “turning the one speed fan on and off”...is this a panel issue, a relay or resistor issue, or what?!?! I can perform the fix myself if I can pinpoint the problem! Anyone have any leads for me?!

·
Registered
MR2 3.3TT
189 Posts
Grab a wiring diagram and work your way back from the motor to the battery, disconnecting switches or relays as you go to figure out which one is stuck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds similar to the problem I had but it was with a 2006. The below part fixed my issue, I have no idea if it will fix yours.

Toyota Part No.: 88650-35250, AMPLIFIER ASSY, AIR CONDITIONER

Link to discussion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts