Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my TCH a couple weeks ago. The worst part was during the financing when they must have asked me 5 or 6 times if i wanted the extended warranty. The particulars were that it would cover issues after the normal 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty ran out up to 75,000 miles/6 years. Cost was an extra $2,250.

I did not get it as I usually don't think they are a good deal for the consumer but of course she said I could come back and get it later if I changed my mind. Just wondering what you folks who have had your TCH longer then 2 weeks think. Thanks.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I bought my TCH a couple weeks ago. The worst part was during the financing when they must have asked me 5 or 6 times if i wanted the extended warranty. The particulars were that it would cover issues after the normal 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty ran out up to 75,000 miles/6 years. Cost was an extra $2,250.

I did not get it as I usually don't think they are a good deal for the consumer but of course she said I could come back and get it later if I changed my mind. Just wondering what you folks who have had your TCH longer then 2 weeks think. Thanks.

Glenn
Unfortunately the dealers who offered the best deals on the Toyota extended warranty have been prohibited from selling those warranties to buyers located out of their region. You can drive to Hutchinson, KS and save yourself around $800--that warranty is around $780.

Even at your dealer you should have been quoted 8yrs/70,000 miles not 6 years. At 6 years you are only getting 3 extra years of warranty.

The price you were quoted was excessive. You should be able to get that warranty even at the inflated price the dealer charges for $1500-$1600.

You can always wait until you are nearer the expiration of the existing new car warranty but it will cost you a little more.

Good luck--we did buy the extended warranty because of the hybrid components.

·
Registered
2012 Camry Hybrid
1,441 Posts
I do know the extended warranty for a car is a huge profit maker for the dealership including nice kickbacks for the salesman and his/her manager that sells the policy.

I'm guessing but I think the hybrid parts in the TCH have a long warranty. The traction battery for sure has a good warranty from Toyota.
I do know all the hybrid parts in the TCH are manufactured by Nippon/Toyota. Nippon is a perfectionist company and their parts almost never give problems and are very long lasting. For instance, have you ever owned a Toyota that had a Nippon alternator. They just about never go out due to having large oversize rectifiers, brushes and bearings.

Consumer Reports usually rates the quality of the TCH models well above their gas model Camry.

So far I never bought a extended warranty due to Toyota's quality. I always thought of a extended warranty would be like paying for a repair in advance. If the car don't give trouble then you just gave the dealer a big extra profit.

Just my thoughts on the subject, others may think differently.

·
Registered
2018 AVALON LIMITED HYBRID
482 Posts
Since Toyota clamped down on the Kansas City warranties at rock bottom price, I assume the dealers now ask twice the price thinking you have no other choice. TOYOTA - YOUR POLICY CAUSES PRICE GOUGING!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.