Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at possibly purchasing a 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner.
It has minor front end damage that is easily repairable. But the passenger airbag did deploy.
Is it a manageable task to replace the airbag module, the top dash panel and clear the codes?
Or is it a much bigger job than that?

Thanks!
Chris

upload_2020-7-12_15-0-44.jpg

·
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,855 Posts
Depends on your budget,toolbox and skill level. What damage is hidden? Have you priced the obvious parts?
Will your State label the title "Salvage". CA. would.
Have to be a hell of a deal with the rest of the truck being pristine.
It's what you don't see!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on your budget,toolbox and skill level. What damage is hidden? Have you priced the obvious parts?
Will your State label the title "Salvage". CA. would.
Have to be a hell of a deal with the rest of the truck being pristine.
My state would label it as "rebuilt" which I am fine with.

The truck is pretty amazing all around. No frame damage. Other than the airbag you can see the extent of the damage below (passenger-side quarter panel, headlight assembly and grill).

So far it appears that I will need the two front seat belts rebuilt, a new passenger-side airbag, the airbag dash panel, a new grill, a new headlight assembly, some minor work done on the passenger-side quarter panel, and airbag module reset to clear the codes.

Regarding the airbag install, I'm trying to determine if I'm missing anything else that may be an additional expense or a gotcha.

·
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,855 Posts
Wow! Looks pretty dam nice ;0 You can use this site and get oem part numbers so you can researh prices,it does show msrp. ToyoDIY.com

·
boulderskies
2006 Tacoma
144 Posts
i've replaced the two headlight assemblies on my 2006. in the process, i had to remove the grill, and a coupla other things. it was pretty straightforward and the part numbers were readily available. there's a great toyota delearship in TN i believe that i learned about on here that was terrific to get the parts. so, if it were me, i'd buy the truck but let the dealer handle the air bag stuff.
by the way, how many miles?
scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... how many miles?
It has only 54,000 miles on it.
Sadly it turns out I was not able bid on the Tacoma.
The auction for this particular vehicle (which opened this morning) was not open to the public. :mad:
Thanks for your responses!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts