Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone have experience installing the Chrome Lower Door Moldings on the 2015-17 Camry? I'm interested in installing these on my 2017 SE. Does the kit come with instructions for measurements or any templates?

I've installed the Body Side Moulding on my wifes 2006, 2010, and 2014 RAV4's.
They had nice instructions for installation.

Is it tougher for these if you don't use a lift? They are pretty low and my back is not the greatest.

Maybe I should purchase on eBay and have a body shop install?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good Job!....and thanks for posting back. Looks good I think. Were there any particular difficulties with the DIY or the installation instructions? Also, just wondering… ‘cause I’ve never seen these in person… are they chrome looking like the window moldings…. or are they more aluminum (flat silver) in color. It’s tough to tell from any of the photos I’ve seen.

Last… are your side view mirror caps silver. Isn’t your car Predawn Gray? Maybe it’s just the lighting or something? Nice work...

Best, Dave

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Good Job!....and thanks for posting back. Looks good I think. Were there any particular difficulties with the DIY or the installation instructions? Also, just wondering… ‘cause I’ve never seen these in person… are they chrome looking like the window moldings…. or are they more aluminum (flat silver) in color. It’s tough to tell from any of the photos I’ve seen.

Last… are your side view mirror caps silver. Isn’t your car Predawn Gray? Maybe it’s just the lighting or something? Nice work...

Best, Dave
Hey Dave,

Triple Coated Polymer. Same as the the other chrome on the car. Extremely robust. I don't see these "chipping" if you bump the door on a curb. Standard 3M tape adhesive.

I backed the car up on ramps to elevate each side one at a time. otherwise you spend all your time lying on your side. Instructions were complete. No templates required. I used a plastic straight edge in mm, and 3M Blue Tape.

Just tack the end and pull the sheath out as you align. Just like side moldings, but more effort IMO. I highly recommend elevating the car.

Side Mirrors is just the sun reflecting.

·
Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
605 Posts
Does anyone have installation instructions for :
Lower Door Moldings
#PT938-03150

Sticking them on will be very easy, but I'd like to get them aligned properly.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Looks nice! If I was aiming for a luxury look, I would have installed this too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.