Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can the TLX Really Replace Two Cars?
by Mike Schlee

Being a sea turtle isn’t easy. Moments after taking their first breath, they have to embark on a death-defying crawl from the nest to the sea across a beach filled with predators waiting for an easy meal. It’s estimated that only one in 1,000 baby sea turtles ever makes it to adulthood.

The new 2015 Acura TLX can relate. Although we're quite certain more than 0.1 percent of TLXs will survive their first few years of existence, the road ahead for the compact luxury sedan is not going to be easy. Built as a replacement for both the Acura TL and TSX, the TLX must undertake the daunting task of competing with the heavyweights of the compact luxury sedan segment head-on.
Looks like an Acura

The TLX is instantly recognizable as an Acura thanks to familiar styling cues and the controversial corporate grille. Of course, like all new Acuras, the TLX features the Jewel Eye LED headlights as well as a whole complement of LED lighting around the exterior.

Claiming customers found the TL was a little too large for the class while the TSX wasn’t sporty enough, Acura has built the TLX to bridge the gap between the two. With an overall length 3.8 inches shorter than the 2014 TL, the TLX rides on a nearly identical wheelbase and offers similar interior space. Adult passengers will have no issue fitting in the rear seats thanks to an understated 34.5 inches of rear legroom.
Read the complete Acura TLX Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Priced out of range for me
Always owned American but did own an 00 Acura RL I have to say that is THE best engineered/riding car Ive ever owned (our 00 Benz feels like a VW in comarison)
I was impressed. Everything felt solid, high quality even when I sold it with 140k mi. No problems other than a set of cats, 1 timing belt oil brakes and filters. Nothing.

They build a very good quality car. Would buy again if had the means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts