Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
i ordered all of my LEDs for my 15' from super bright leds. So far i have done all interior, trunk, license plate, doors.

@OmoPastor - how did you go about hard wiring the front lower turns? looking for some in depth details

check this out...looks like someone may have jacked your pics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-DRL-Daytime-Running-Lights-High-Beams-For-2015-Toyota-Camry-No-Error-Code-/251876895345?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2015|Model:Camry|Submodel:XSE&hash=item3aa5086a71&vxp=mtr
Lol I can't believe someone did that
@SiennaRide yea @auero already brought that to my attention some days ago via a PM. I reached out to eBay & they informed me I have the power to report those sales and they would remove them. But I wanted to ask you guys if u were in my pos, would you consider suing for compensation? I have neva sued some1 b4. I also reached out to the seller via eBay to inform them that I am aware of what they did but have not received a reply.

In regards to ur ? about my lower turn signals, what do u mean by hard wiring? If you read thru my previous post, I explain why I had to hard wire my VLED V3 Tritons but that my situation was special. In a normal scenario, u would not need to hard wire anything except the dimming cable to your low beams to reduce the brightness in the night time.

where did you get interior dome lights? I bought the dome light that were to match the map,trunk,ect lights but it's a different temp.
All my interior lighting came from Amazon via prime shipping. If I had a higher budget, I would have gotten them all from VLED but their prices where high for me. I say that because I got a set of 10 194 leds from a reputable seller on Amazon but have had flickering issues in less than 2 months in my trunk, door & license plate lights and have had to replace bulbs often. Unfortunately, I had already spent a lot of $$ on my V3 Tritons, XenonD's 5K HIDs & Phillips LMZ headlight bulbs. Each of which were +$100 though they were definitely worth it.

My reverse, brake & rear turn signal leds I got from Amazon though have been top notch w/ no issues.

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Hm, suing for compensation might be difficult, as you posted the photos to the Internet. Ownership wasn't stated, but it may have been implied. That type of thing (photos on the Internet) is beyond my legal background. Sorry :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
In regards to ur ? about my lower turn signals, what do u mean by hard wiring? If you read thru my previous post, I explain why I had to hard wire my VLED V3 Tritons but that my situation was special. In a normal scenario, u would not need to hard wire anything except the dimming cable to your low beams to reduce the brightness in the night time.
i was under the impression that the switchback were. the turns on my xse only light up when the signal is activated. i was going to get switchbacks but didnt think they would work correctly. i have in my mind that they would light up white and when a signal is activated switchback amber/white.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Hm, suing for compensation might be difficult, as you posted the photos to the Internet. Ownership wasn't stated, but it may have been implied. That type of thing (photos on the Internet) is beyond my legal background. Sorry :)
fair enough...

i was under the impression that the switchback were. the turns on my xse only light up when the signal is activated. i was going to get switchbacks but didnt think they would work correctly. i have in my mind that they would light up white and when a signal is activated switchback amber/white.
Since you have a XSE, you don't need the V3 Triton (especially the switchback ones) as ur's come standard w/ running led fog lights. As you already stated, your turn signals only come on wen they receive a signal & are separate from your fog lights where as in the SE case, the turn signal & running lights share the same halogen bulb.

You might want to replace ur OEM halogen turn signal bulb w/ a amber V3 Triton if you like but you definitely don't need a switchback in ur set up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where did you buy the following items?

Where did you buy your pry tools, and led interior lights. You really know what your doing, except using a scissors as a drill. LOL

·
Chirag
1 Posts
which adapter should I go for!! On VLED .. 7443 7440 or 7443 CK. What will fit Camry SE 2015? Also if you can provide some steps to follow on how and from where to open bumper to replace parking light bulbs.

Thank you

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Where did you buy your pry tools, and led interior lights. You really know what your doing, except using a scissors as a drill. LOL
Like I informed the other member, I got all my interior lighting and pry tools from Amazon. I recommend going to a site like "SuperBrightLEDs" and using their car bulb search function to see what bulbs go where --> https://www.superbrightleds.com/

which adapter should I go for!! On VLED .. 7443 7440 or 7443 CK. What will fit Camry SE 2015? Also if you can provide some steps to follow on how and from where to open bumper to replace parking light bulbs.

Thank you
Although I will ans this now, pls read thru the thread or look thru the owners manual most of these questions have been asked by other members. But you will need the 7443 (Non-CK) for the parking lights.

Furthermore, my pictures illustrate how I got into the parking housing -- by lifting the car up & accessing the lights thru the bottom of the engine compartment . There might be other ways to do it but that's wat worked for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's weird... I also got husky weather beaters but mine don't have that badge on the driver and passenger side. Oh well no biggie!

Where did you order your flip key? Does it feel OEM/solid?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
That's weird... I also got husky weather beaters but mine don't have that badge on the driver and passenger side. Oh well no biggie!

Where did you order your flip key? Does it feel OEM/solid?
I got it from eBay. It feels really good in the hand & is one of my favorite & cheapest upgrades thus far. I did use the OEM key buttons instead of the ones that came w/ the flip key as other forum members spoke of the buttons fading after some months. Got it cut @ my local Toyota dealer for $10

It's light compared to my dad's 05' VW Passat's flip key but for the price I can't complain.

I got the idea from this thread --> http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/601161-flip-key-u-s-camry.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the Weathertech

I had read on another forum that Husky was using the 2014 model mats on the car. I checked the part number and sure enough it was identical to the 14's. I think the reason the logos were not on the other poster's husky is they might be counterfeit. I had the advantage of great timing because I just bought the 15. I ordered the mats direct from Weathertech. They just shipped and I will have them Friday. They told me these were the first production run of 2015's and they made about 400

·
Registered
7 Posts
Omopastor. You take awesome pictures. That's one of the things that take your reviews to the next level. What camera are you using? I have a galaxy note 4, and I plan to take pictures of my weathertech's when they come in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Amazon Vendors

Amazon is a mixed bag as far as quality, thats why I was asking who you bought your bulbs from, and if you are happy with them

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
Omopastor. You take awesome pictures. That's one of the things that take your reviews to the next level. What camera are you using? I have a galaxy note 4, and I plan to take pictures of my weathertech's when they come in

Amazon is a mixed bag as far as quality, thats why I was asking who you bought your bulbs from, and if you are happy with them
Every photo I have taken on this forum is from my iPhone 6. I adjust my exposure & focus from time to time but the camera in my opinion is one of the best on the smartphone market.

I would not recommend the vendor -- called "Yorkim" -- I got my 194 led bulbs from. It was $10 for the set of ten but they flicker. Strangely, I have never had an issue with the map lights. But the trunk, license & courtesy door lights have flickered. Intend on replacing all my interiors w/ VLEDs someday.

My rear reverse & brake light are from a vendor called JDM. Am happy w/ their performance. And my rear turn signals came from TheRetroFitSource.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard good things about a Amazon vendor called jtech they are coming next week and I will review them. My weathrtech. Mats come Friday and plan to use your reviews as a template, and review the mats too

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had read on another forum that Husky was using the 2014 model mats on the car. I checked the part number and sure enough it was identical to the 14's. I think the reason the logos were not on the other poster's husky is they might be counterfeit. I had the advantage of great timing because I just bought the 15. I ordered the mats direct from Weathertech. They just shipped and I will have them Friday. They told me these were the first production run of 2015's and they made about 400
Nope, 100% sure they're not counterfeit. Purchased directly from Amazon, not a third party seller. The product photo doesn't show them having the badge either *shrug*

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Custom-WeatherBeater-Molded/dp/B007AOQORC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426732474&sr=8-1&keywords=toyota+camry+husky+mat[/ame]

They have the logo but it's engraved into the plastic. Maybe it was old inventory because I bought mine using the 2014 models as soon as I bought the car. Either way, no big deal. I prefer it without.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Try putting watermarks on your pictures or some kind of signature with your name.

Also take a look if they just used your links to the pictures. Then you can always change the picture or update it possibly.
In the future I might consider watermarks. I already reached out to eBay today & showed the cust. rep the link to this thread & he immediately believed me once he compared the photos to the sellers listed items. An investigation has been opened & he expects the seller's items that convey my images will be removed as he stated it is against eBay's policy to use photos that don't truly convey a products description or performance.

Will be getting an update in the near future...

101 - 120 of 1140 Posts