Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
OMOPastor, I ended up following your lead with the XenonDepot HID 5k lights. (On backorder right now...) I am also going to purchase the XenonDepot LED DRL/highbeams that you switched to. Are you still happy with both sets of lights? Lastly, do you know by chance what switchbacks you started with that you weren't happy with? Did you have to use a resistor for both sets to prevent hyper flash? If so what kind of resistor did you buy? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
OMOPastor, I ended up following your lead with the XenonDepot HID 5k lights. (On backorder right now...) I am also going to purchase the XenonDepot LED DRL/highbeams that you switched to. Are you still happy with both sets of lights? Lastly, do you know by chance what switchbacks you started with that you weren't happy with? Did you have to use a resistor for both sets to prevent hyper flash? If so what kind of resistor did you buy? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance!
I am very satisfied w/ both my XenonDepot 5K HIDs & XenonDepot Phillips LMZ led. It really compliments the silver on my 15' Camry SE & trumps any cheap HID kit I could have gotten on Amazon.

Pls refer to my #38 post about what seller I got my old switchbacks from. Moreover, I am more than happy w/ my VLED 5K V3 Triton switchbacks. I have already answered all ur other questions multiple times on this thread. Pls refer to the #20 post

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
@OmoPastor - Glad to hear that you're still enjoying the lights :)
Yes sir I sure am.

The Xtreme 5K HIDs really give the 15' Camry SE that much more of a premium look & am reminded of how well they look in combination w/ the VLED 5K V3 Triton switchbacks whenever I turn off the car thnx to the auto on & off headlights :thumbsup:

Ofcourse, whenever I need high-beam power, the XenonDepot Phillips LMZ headlight led always impress...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I placed my order for 4300k Philips HID kit and the Philips 9005 LMZ, thanks to Omopastor, Great Avalon and how interactive XenonDepot has been on this board. Thank you all.

Initially wanted to change the switchbacks first but I will wait and see how the black Camry looks with these much anticipated light upgrades.

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
I placed my order for 4300k Philips HID kit and the Philips 9005 LMZ, thanks to Omopastor, Great Avalon and how interactive XenonDepot has been on this board. Thank you all.

Initially wanted to change the switchbacks first but I will wait and see how the black Camry looks with these much anticipated light upgrades.
Nice! Enjoy!

I see you're in NoVA as well. Cool!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can not begin to explain how happy i am. H11 4300k Philips bulb on the hid kit and philips 9005 LED from Xenondepot. It looks awesome. Connections were nice and crisp. Very easy to install. Delivered before the expected FedEx time.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I can not begin to explain how happy i am. H11 4300k Philips bulb on the hid kit and philips 9005 LED from Xenondepot. It looks awesome. Connections were nice and crisp. Very easy to install. Delivered before the expected FedEx time.
Glad to hear everything worked out :thumbsup:

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Nice! You have yourself an awesome lighting setup! Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Im new here and I was reading over these posts. I'm a newbie so any suggestions for a 2012 camery hid kit? I really don't know new car technology as it comes to lights. Any info or directions would help. Thanks guys

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Hey Im new here and I was reading over these posts. I'm a newbie so any suggestions for a 2012 camery hid kit? I really don't know new car technology as it comes to lights. Any info or directions would help. Thanks guys
You've certainly came to the right place!

Simply get the best. Buy it once, and enjoy. IMO, I would point you to the XenonDepot Xtreme HID kit with Philips bulbs. So click that link, and in the drop down select the "Philips Bulb Upgrade 4300k" option. That is the best on the market. They are absolutely worth the money. I also did a write up on them so you can see pictures. My write up is here.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
I recommend what @GreatAvalon said. I made the mistake of buying cheap HIDs from my local car electronic shop initially & was plagued w/ issues such as one hid not turning on @ start up in cold weather (below 30F).

After getting XenonDepot's 5000K Xtreme HID, I have had no issues whatsoever in my 3 months of use. It's tempting to get a cheap HID kits on Amazon for $40-70 but if u look @ the reviews -- which tend to be a hit or miss -- I would think twice b4 purchasing.

Just my 2 cents. You know what ur budget is :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine said I should look for 7k but after looking at the pictures i think I like the 4300k. The thing is I don't really understand the temputure things or what im looking for. I like the super white with a slight blue tint, something you would see stock from the factory look. I appreciate the help, how hard was the install?

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine said I should look for 7k but after looking at the pictures i think I like the 4300k. The thing is I don't really understand the temputure things or what im looking for. I like the super white with a slight blue tint, something you would see stock from the factory look. I appreciate the help, how hard was the install?
No, 7k is horrible. So the way the number K works is it is the temperature the light is burning, in Kelvin (instead of fahrenheit or celsius). The higher the number, the "cooler" the light. Cool light is on the blue spectrum. Also, once you get above roughly 5000k, the light output is lessened (meaning the light isn't as bright). The lower the K number, the "warmer" the light. Warm light is on the yellow spectrum. However, you can find that perfect balance between "warm" and "cool" - and that is 4300k-5000k. I really don't recommend anything "cooler" (or a higher K) than 5000k.

So the 4300k Philips bulbs I previously mentioned is the 85122 Philips capsule that is found in many OEM HID applications. However, because of the optics the Camry uses, it will not look 100% like factory, but it will be darn close, especially after color shifting. Color shifting is when real, genuine HID capsules (the part that makes light) burns for a certain amount of time. As it is "burning in" (breaking in), the bulb's color begins to shift to be "cooler". Thus, the 4300k Philips bulbs end up being ~4700k. This almost perfectly matches OEM Lexus HIDs light on the ground.

But, with the Philips 4300k bulbs, there is not much blue in the light at all - rather slightly yellow tinge until they color shift, then just a pure, crisp white. If you are wanting the pure white with a slight blue tinge, then I think getting the XenonDepot Xtreme HID Kit with the 5000k bulbs may suit you better.

And they are very easy to install- it is all plug and play. See the write up I did for help there.

If you have any other questions, we'd be happy to help!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
In that case, I would recommend you go for the 5000K (which is what I got) if you want a pure white look w/ a small tint of blue as the 4300K is known to have more of a yellow tinge than most ppl like. Although, if you get the German Phillips 4300K HID bulb from XenonDepot Xtreme HID kits, expect a color shift after about +100 hrs as @GreatAvalon conveyed in his review

Personally, 6000K for me has too much blue & looks more like an aftermarket job although it is popular amongst buyers. Moreover, as you increase in color temp, your lumen light output diminishes.

Installation is easy. This is coming from a guy w/ ZERO mechanical or electrical background & yet I was able to make all the modifications on my 15' Camry SE that I posted on this thread by myself.

Nth beats FREE labor :)

Check out this article & YouTube vid to get a better perspective.

Article --> http://www.everythingcobalt.com/hid-color-chart/

Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_EcmOpr2Q

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow thanks guys that helps a lot. I can't thank you enough. Now one more dumb question and I think I'll start shopping. Do those kits come with high beams to? Or are they not needed? Also might look into interior as well as I seen in the post. I'm exited to try the installation.

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Wow thanks guys that helps a lot. I can't thank you enough. Now one more dumb question and I think I'll start shopping. Do those kits come with high beams to? Or are they not needed? Also might look into interior as well as I seen in the post. I'm exited to try the installation.
No questions are dumb!

That above mentioned kit is for low beam only. You don't want HIDs in your high beams, because there is a warm up time associated with HIDs. If you wanted to run new bulbs in your high beams, I would recommend going LED, with these LED bulbs from XenonDepot. I run them in the RAV4's high beams, and they are fully functional high beams. Instant on/off, bright, and the color is perfect on them. I think other members who run those LED bulbs found them to even work as DRL bulbs, so you may not even have to turn your DRLs off through your radio if you don't wish to. In conclusion, I would either leave the high beams alone, or use the above linked LED bulbs.

121 - 140 of 1140 Posts