Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok sounds good. I think I'll try the 5k and go from there. I really appreciate all of the help and knowledge. Does the site you link for the kit also have the led interiors? As soon as I get it all together I will post picks. Again I can't thank you all enough.

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Ok sounds good. I think I'll try the 5k and go from there. I really appreciate all of the help and knowledge. Does the site you link for the kit also have the led interiors? As soon as I get it all together I will post picks. Again I can't thank you all enough.
Awesome!

Yep! For interior lights for your 2012 Camry:

Front map lights and door lights (also your license plate lights and trunk light)

For the dome light, does your 2012 Camry have a moonroof?

If so, then the same bulbs as the link above

If you don't have a moonroof, then these bulbs are your dome light

Hmm...I believe that is all the lights I had in my 2012 Camry.

Hope this helps! If you order from XenonDepot, don't forget to use the code "TN" for $25 off your HID kit! The code "KBLED" gets you 15% off LED bulbs from XenonDepot as well. They might not both work at the same time, so use whichever yields more savings! :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
No prob. Feel free to hit that "Like" button if you found any of this information helpful :smile:

Will be looking forward to your upgrade pics

·
Official TN Member
66 Posts
I recently installed the XenonDepot LMZ LEDs in my 14.5 SE, and they really complement the XD 4300K Philips HIDs and XD Philips X-treme Ultinon LEDs I put in my fog lights.

I chose VLEDS for my interior lighting, as their 194s are available in 5K and are probably brighter than the XD equivalent. They fit easily into the map and door lighting fixtures. The trunk was a tighter install, but they do just barely fit, and I love how wonderfully well lit my trunk is now. I put this VLEDS 5K in my dome light, and it is also excellent.

A tip about removing the door light fixtures: insert your tool into the rear of the passenger door part, but into the front of the driver side, as it is the same part rotated 180˚(at least on the 14.5). I found that an ordinary table knife was a near-perfect removal tool for all my interior lights.

edit: I have an extra VLEDS 194 that I could send to someone if they want to compare it to the XD Philips and post their observations.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
After having to replace my trunk & license plate light leds several times as a result of the cheap 194/T10 Yorkim 5th Gen led set I got off Amazon from a highly reviewed seller, I decided to try out VLED 6K White led.

All I can say is wooooow :surprise:

@GreatAvalon you were soooo right. Comparing VLED 6K White led to the Yorkim 5th Gen led 10 piece set I got off amazon for $10 is like comparing night & day.

Note

One thin I did notice from this install is VLED 6K color seems to be XenonDepot's 5K color. Which makes me think I should have gotten their 6K V3 Triton Switchback in order to match my XenonDepot 5K Xtreme HIDs. I intend on reaching out to them to see if I can possibly get a V3 Triton led bulb swap :dunno:

Their FAQ here conveys my point --> http://www.vleds.com/led-color-temperature-differences

Pictures

- Right out of the pkg, the VLED 6K looked more premium & worth $18 for a pair
- I also like that they are shorter

- Although the VLED looks slightly yellow, in person it's pure white
- I prefer this color as it looks OEM (better than the standard yellow ofcourse)
- The Yorkims always seemed to have a little too much blue for me although the seller claimed they should be white

- This image best conveys the performance of the VLED in contrast to the Yorkims.
- You never know what your missing till you try sth new sometimes :)

- Notice the razor sharp cut off the VLED 6K 160lm makes on the ground.
- Really sets my 15' Camry SE apart from other vehicles on the road & compliments my XenonDepot 5K HIDs & VLED V3 Tritons

I have decided to save up (since these VLEDs aren't exactly cheap) & replace all my interior lights w/ VLEDs

Now just need to find a bank to rob first :grin:

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,535 Posts
I was juuust coming to your thread to post about my gf's new trunk light. It looks as bright if not brighter than yours, but probably because she left the little cover thing off. I had ordered a more expensive set of LEDs from superbrightleds.com but they're too tall for the license plate light lenses, so I used them for her courtesy lights and she took one for the trunk light. She's super happy with everything switched over to LEDs like her old Camry. I accidentally nicked the map light trim a little bit :| but other than that there wasn't much of a problem. I'm a little more hesitant to just go at it since the car is brand new. My Camry is old now so I just take it apart whatever way it comes apart, most recently to install my reverse camera a few months ago. I also installed a reverse camera on a 2013 Corolla the other night. My gf's sister insisted on one that integrated with her factory touch screen so I had to take apart her center stack and then remove the radio to plug in a new harness. She could care less if I scratched anything but it was actually very easy and everything survived without a single scratch. She did get a little nervous when I had to drill into her rear chrome trim piece but she trusts me :laugh: - I didn't mind installing the camera for her, she's planning to move to San Fran and won't be taking her car with her, so she's going to pay it off and leave it with us. Sounds good to me!

On a side note, man does the Blizzard Pearl color show dirt! My gf's aunt has a 2009 Venza and 2011 4Runner in the same color and I love the way Blizzard Pearl looks, but even our weekly car wash isn't enough if it rains at all. While buying my gf's 2015 Camry, I decided I would get the new Celestial Silver color if it were me. I love my silver Camry and the new silver is just a bit darker which is nice. Though - I did really like the RAV4 XLE which we also test drove. Minus no auto lights or power driver's seat unless you step up to the Limited which is $$$.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I was juuust coming to your thread to post about my gf's new trunk light. It looks as bright if not brighter than yours, but probably because she left the little cover thing off. I had ordered a more expensive set of LEDs from superbrightleds.com but they're too tall for the license plate light lenses, so I used them for her courtesy lights and she took one for the trunk light. She's super happy with everything switched over to LEDs like her old Camry.

On a side note, man does the Blizzard Pearl color show dirt! My gf's aunt has a 2009 Venza and 2011 4Runner in the same color and I love the way Blizzard Pearl looks, but even our weekly car wash isn't enough if it rains at all. While buying my gf's 2015 Camry, I decided I would get the new Celestial Silver color if it were me. I love my silver Camry and the new silver is just a bit darker which is nice. Though - I did really like the RAV4 XLE which we also test drove. Minus no auto lights or power driver's seat unless you step up to the Limited which is $$$.
One of the reasons I like these VLEDs is that they are small -- so can fit into the trunk light housing w/ the cover closed -- but bright! Glad to hear she likes her new led upgrades :thumbsup:

Yeah, the main reason I didn't go for a white 15' Camry was the dirt issue. I don't like a dirty car -- for fear of ppl writing "pls wash me" lol -- so I went w/ silver because I loved the color and it doesn't show dirt or pollen as much as the blizzard pearl :)

I have the same exact 4 led VLEDs in 5k. I have them in my plate lights too and they are super bright! Sometimes embarrassingly bright. Mine have been going strong for about a year now. The cheap ebay bulbs I always had before started flickering in a few months.
Good to hear. That gives me confidence that mine should last too which I hope as $18 for a pair is not cheap. Plus I intend on getting the 6K 360 180lm for my courtesy door lights which cost $25 a pair!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I reached out to VLED this afternoon too compliment them on their 6K 160lm 194 led's performance & to ask if I can do a V3 Triton led swap for their 6K. They were very friendly & agreed to let me do a swap.

I have gone ahead & ordered their 6K V3 Triton (bulb only) to compare it to my current 5K V3 Triton Switchback led.

Will post an update w/ pics on my findings on how they compare to my XenonDepot 5K HID :)

·
More Screens !
1,036 Posts
Good to hear. That gives me confidence that mine should last too which I hope as $18 for a pair is not cheap. Plus I intend on getting the 6K 360 180lm for my courtesy door lights which cost $25 a pair!

I have the 360 version in red in my door lights. I previously had a 13 led tower in the same location which was crap compared to the color and power of the vleds 360 bulb. So far, I havent gotten anything bad from VLEDs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really want to get the V3 triton 5k for my DRL/front turn signals. Only thing I'm worried about is the brightness at full power while on DRL mode. Wondering if it would get me noticed by law enforcement.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I really want to get the V3 triton 5k for my DRL/front turn signals. Only thing I'm worried about is the brightness at full power while on DRL mode. Wondering if it would get me noticed by law enforcement.
In DRL mode, the bottom parking lights are not on. They only come on w/ the low beams or when the turn signal is activated.

I convey this is my photos...

·
Registered
21 Posts
In DRL mode, the bottom parking lights are not on. They only come on w/ the low beams or when the turn signal is activated.

I convey this is my photos...
Okay, i see no reason not to get them. Will wait for them to get stocked up again before ordering. Something about the controller is in back order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you so much for posting this I just started working on my car and now the only thing I'm waiting for the 10k HID to come in

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
:facepalm:

You do realize that there's hardly any usable light if you're using 10K, right? Welcome to the Nation, BTW!
+1, 10k is horrible. I would recommend no higher than 5k.

141 - 160 of 1140 Posts