Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 camry that I have had for a year and a half now. I was doing an oil change on it last weekend and noticed oil to be leaking from where the black plastic cover is where the engine and transmission come together. This tells me it is the rear main seal that is leaking. I'm really suprised by this since I haven't even hit 60k miles on it yet. I was a toyota mechanic in my past career for a few years and I have never seen it happen this early on a car, usually it happens on cars that are 10 plus years old and between 150-200k miles.

Has anyone seen this situation before? From my own knowledge I know it can cost hundreds, even a thousand to replace since the engine and transmission have to be separated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I can't verify that the ATF level since this model year does not have a transmission fluid dip stick (its the long life fluid anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should be. One thing I just checked was the oil level. It was between a quarter and half inch above the full mark on the dipstick. I ended up pulling about a quart of oil out of the motor and now the level is about a quarter inch below the full mark on the dipstick. So I basically had at least 3/4 of a quart too much oil in it. I'm hoping that this helps it. I'm going to keep an eye on it going forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts