Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the Weather Map feature on my 2015 Camry SE with Entune Premium and Nav had stopped working. Whenever I would touch the Weather Map tab in the Weather app, I would get the message " Downloading Data, Please wait..." and no map would load. All the other parts of the Weather app worked OK, just no Weather Map. I contacted Toyota Customer Service and they told me to take into the dealer (Out of Warranty). I know the weather data comes from local HD radio stations which we have plenty in our city.
Then I went on a 200 mile trip and tried the Map again - IT WORKED! Turns out that I had been taking short trips (less than 15 minutes) when the Map would not work. I did some tests and found that the car has to be operating between 16 and 20 minutes for the Map to download the necessary data to display the Weather Map. So if you have problems with your Weather Map, give it at least 16 minutes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Also make sure that the "HD" symbol is showing, indicating that it has access to HD radio stations.
Sometimes, I don't have the "HD" symbol in areas that I would expect to have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Entune Weather Map won’t load

Since one of the Entune updates the weather map won’t load on our 2017 RAV4 Limited but will load on our 2015 Sienna XLE in about 5 minutes from startup. It wouldn’t even load after driving 30 minutes on the RAV4. I might take it in to get this fixed by the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts