Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highlander has been sitting a few days in the garage in Northern VA. Its been cold but not too bad. Went to start it this morning..gauges going crazy and heard a winding noise. No starter contact with flywheel. Battery terminals looked ok so I put the charger on it for 10 minutes. Started right up. Was going to replace the battery (original) in May or so but decided to replace it today. Went to COSTCO for their Interstate 24F 700 CCA battery $89.99 plus tax. Of course there is a refundable $15 core charge. Changed the battery in the parking lot ... 5 minute change out.. 1st start... engine stalles ... 2nd start ..engine starts, no issues. Runs good. Radio reset to 89 or so .... but saved stations were saved. Navigation saved addresses were all there. Probably could have gotten a little more time on the origonal battery, but 4 months shy of 5 years is probably about average.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st start stalling on a new battery I would consider mostly normal (after cleaning the throttle body or swapping an ECU).
My 2013 Avslon did the same thing..... its the electronics reboot from no battery to new battery .......

·
Registered
'16 Highlander LTD
513 Posts
Ours died on the 1st start after replacing the battery 2 weeks ago. No problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts