Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been discussed already but per-subforum search is very much broken since the redesign of these forums.

My 2015 Limited head unit has had many of the issue intermittent issues discussed here at length since I bought the car new - random reboots, screen not coming on when starting car, etc. Up until today it was a minor annoyance however this morning the system was fine, and then in the afternoon when I went to use it I had no volume at all. There is no volume indication on the display. It will show it tuning to various radio stations and even playing a CD, however I get no sound out of the speakers and no response when I press the volume buttons on the steering wheel or turn volume knob on unit. I've tried unmuting it and pressing volume button in but no change. Same thing with bluetooth on phone, no sound.

I've run an update to the latest (2017) software and as well disconnected battery for 15 minutes. No change.

Thinking it might be a fuse or issue with the amp? I opened up the 1 interior and 2 engine bay fuse boxes but couldn't determine which fuse would be the issue or if any were blown. Before I take it to the dealer wanted to check if anyone experienced anything similar? I definitely have reported random reboots and issues with it while it was still in warranty so I'm hoping I'm not looking at costly labor rates just for them to look at it and tell me I need a new head unit.

If the head unit is fried, I'll probably go with an aftermarket CarPlay replacement and have to look up the pros and cons on the various models. Again hopeful it's a relatively easy and inexpensive fix. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Software updating never solved our problems. We had to have our entire entune unit replaced due to the rebooting issue, and that took weeks because the wrong model was sent to the dealer. And we still have issues with the navigation, which literally has had us driving in circles. We always double check with our Google Maps App on our phones now before going anywhere we haven’t been before. Knock on wood have had no volume issues though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I re-seated the AMP fuses No 1 and 2 in the engine bay (photo attached) and it's working again. I guess one of the fuses was loose or had a bad connection.

@TheTexasKellys I'm surprised you use the Navigation - I've never used mine - usually Waze or Google Maps on my phone mounted to the dash

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
You may have reset something in the radio by totally cutting power through pulling the fuse. Glad to hear it's fixed.

For what it's worth, I use the Entune navigation too. Although I admit I use it rarely, only if I'm in an area I'm not familiar with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
toto
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing