Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,310 Posts
That is true, but let's see how many "master techs" actually do this type of trouble shooting. IME, I was burned by a so called "master tech".

They just know 1 thing. Screw the customer base and bleed them dry. Years ago, I brought an older Honda to a dealer, I didn't agree with their write up/assessment. Took it to a different dealer, and was told they were wrong. The 2nd dealer actually found an issue within the emission equipment. Got it covered under California's emission warranty and was on my way. I kept going back to 2nd dealer until I sold the car.

To me, customer service is more important to me than anything else. Old school like that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The challenge u are up against is when it happens again and u have it towed, the starter will have been jostled enough to be past the dead spot and work fine. They will have to either accept the video or come to your car where its having the problem before its moved. Which they wont do. Sounds like a call to toyota corporate is in order. The service department knows starters can do this and i feel they are playing a fool attitude. I lived with this same issue with my suzuki samurai for years till it has so many dead spots that putting it into 5th gear and pushing the vehicle back and forth didnt work anymore and i had to change the starter i couldnt afford

21 - 22 of 22 Posts