Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used 2015 Toyota highlander LE and am new to Toyota..I am also no into technology being over 60! I figured out most of the buttons on the steering wheel but cant figure out the center button in this photo. It seems all the buttons with the arrows work the radio and sp does the other side.. the information center is black and white..I drove it to a dealership and its 95 just to look at it. I also tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing from the center button

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got a used 2015 Toyota highlander LE and am new to Toyota..I am also no into technology being over 60! I figured out most of the buttons on the steering wheel but cant figure out the center button in this photo. It seems all the buttons with the arrows work the radio and sp does the other side.. the information center is black and white..I drove it to a dealership and its 95 just to look at it. I also tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing from the center button
I have a 2015 Highlander Limited with the colour display but I expect the function of that button is the same. (You must have the full ignition switched on for the following.)
Between the Tach and Speedo is a display for various things like Radio, Navigation etc. You can select the various choices by using either the left or right arrows. The center "." button is like the enter key on most remotes and when pressed activates your choice. For example while watching the top line of the display, press one of the horizontal arrow keys until the musical note is highlighted. Now press the "." key and a bunch of music source options will be displayed. You can use the vertical arrows to select one of them, for example FM. Once you've highlighted FM use the "." button to enter or activate your selection. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2015 Highlander Limited with the colour display but I expect the function of that button is the same. (You must have the full ignition switched on for the following.)
Between the Tach and Speedo is a display for various things like Radio, Navigation etc. You can select the various choices by using either the left or right arrows. The center "." button is like the enter key on most remotes and when pressed activates your choice. For example while watching the top line of the display, press one of the horizontal arrow keys until the musical note is highlighted. Now press the "." key and a bunch of music source options will be displayed. You can use the vertical arrows to select one of them, for example FM. Once you've highlighted FM use the "." button to enter or activate your selection. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your message I have the car running when I try it and my Information center is black and white and when I press the center button nothing happens..I may have to go to the dealer...

·
Registered
2010 Avalon XLS // 2015 Highlander XLE AWD
57 Posts
"katekebo" read my mind ...here's the manual in pdf format.

Start on page 102 and wander before+after that page for all you need to know.

And as "Mikee1" says, "The center "." button is like the enter key ...." It simply selects or chooses whatever your display is showing. If you press it and nothing happens, then you're simply at a place where there are no more choices or options to pick from.

If you print this all out for the wifey, it makes a nice Mother's Day gift, too. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have the book but nothing it tells me works..thought I would see if anyone had the same problem..thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts