1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,601 Posts
First impression ...ehh. Not a big fan of the color if that's all that they will come in, don't like the grille, looks cheapie, don't like the badging on the bedside, looks like the Ford Platinum badging which I don't like. It will be interesting what comes with it under the sheetmetal.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,601 Posts
interesting, I'm surprised that the 2" lift doesn't show. It looks like my '13 body style will still be in style for a while, that doesn't hurt my feelings. Never a big fan of black wheels, but that just may be me showing my age

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like my '13 body style will still be in style for a while
That's one of the first things that crossed my mind when I saw it. This announcement might eliminate the possibility of a 2015 redesign.

I like how they stamped the TRD logo into the body on the Tundra version. That's more creative than badging.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,973 Posts
All the reports online that I've seen say a redesign in 2015.

I expect these packages will be a boon for ECGS. 2" lift on the Tundra and Taco will require the bushing eventually. 1" of the Taco lift will be the result of them running 265/75 tires. At least their speedos will be accurate unless they're adjusting things. Not sure if they'd be willing to let the truck travel a lot more miles than what the odo states for warranty purposes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts