Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone have been wanting to get rid of my 17's for a while now although I love the way they look I take a beating on my NY pothole infested roads, three sidewall blowouts in the last year and one broken wheel. After reading here I was thinking about 15 inch steelies with a set of 195-65-15 tires this is the combination I am looking at am I correct that this set up will work on my 15 S thanks OK so this is my first post and it will not allow me to post links hopefully I can add them as a reposnse to the original.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tires

Wheels

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,886 Posts
If you want to go to a 15" wheel the 195/65R15 tire is the correct size. You also have the option of using a 16" wheel and a 205/55R16 tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking around the ones i sourced on amazon have a 40 mm offset the ones i see on tire rack are 47mm will either work and is there any advantage to one over the other

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,886 Posts
looking around the ones i sourced on amazon have a 40 mm offset the ones i see on tire rack are 47mm will either work and is there any advantage to one over the other
Play around with a wheel offset calculator. You can compare your wheel width and offset you have on now with wheels you are looking at to see if they will move out or into the wheel well. Most of the time there is room to move the wheel out a little to fill the wheel well better and look better. Just Google "wheel offset Calculator" and pick one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts