Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm thinking about replacing the stock Entune Audio head unit in my Camry LE with an OEM Entune Navigation head unit (non-JBL), to give me access to Entune Apps, HD Radio, and navigation. I'm pretty sure someone on this forum probably knows what I would need to do to replace the head unit. Can someone please point me to another thread that may contain the instructions (couldn't find one with the search features) or perhaps provide a walkthrough here? Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Camry LE
102 Posts
You should really consider buying an android head unit instead of being limited by Toyota's subpar Entune...

I have already replaced my Entune with an android head unit and wish I would have done it sooner. Any app that runs on your phone can run on this head unit natively. It supports factory TPMS, steering wheel, back up camera, fuel monitor, door open/close, and A/C display. Sound quality is VERY noticeably improved by the built in amplifier- night and day difference.

Pictures of the installed android head unit from my thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3.../1395570-just-another-camry-build-thread.html

I would offer to sell you an android head unit given to me by my friend who sold his 2012 Camry, but Toyota changed the dash on the 2015+ Camry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I for one am very glad to hear there is an option to the Entune head unit. Especially due to the horrible Navagation sytems that come with Toyota's by default. The Nav unit in my 2014 4Runner did not know of a major route with a new bridge that was completed in 2008. And to upgrade the Nav is not cheap. Sounds like the Android alternative would be a very nice upgrade. I will look into that.

Reactions: hancydan

·
Registered
597 Posts
Save yourself time and money and just get a good after market radio/nav unit. Toyotas navigation is beyond terrible and the apps that come with it, only work when they want to.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yup Entune sucks but is useable. Lots of Can bus stuff goes through that unit so I will never mess with mine.

Supposedly Crutchfield has a screen mirror harness for android that will work with Entune, but haven't seen any feedback on that setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts