Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my three week experience of driving a 2016 Hybrid and watching the scanguage II hardware, it appears:
-the HVB amp limit is 60 and then the ICE will then start
-the speed (mph) limit is just over 45 and then the vehicle goes out of EV and the ICE starts--but it appears fuel cut occur at higher speeds during low demand?
-the radiator temperature appears to need to be over 110f before true EV drive can start
-the state of charge readings do not work on my scanguage II hardware. I just completed a 30+ minute drive to obtain data for this company to fix this issue. I believe the state of charge is suppose to be 20-80%.

Haven't yet found other information that can be read by a third party hardware to better understand the hybrid limitations.

·
8,164 Posts
Scangauge is not really a hybrid scanner. get Dr Prius and find RAV pids... There are several apps available now for hybrids. Torque is great...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it support the RAV4 H? I didn't see this listed? If so, can you post a photo(s) of such in operation and/or some RAV4 hybrid limits?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My scanguage does have RAV4 hybrid pins. I can tell you the rear electric motor turns on every time from a stop regardless if the weather is 80f and sunny or 40f and raining. It quickly peaks at 10 mph and quickly shuts down by 15 mph. I have not seen it turn on during higher speed (interstate) driving-yet. I recently collected data for the scanguage headquarters due to the state of charge hybrid reading being inaccurate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a message from an engineer from scanguage; found an incorrect coding and my vehicle is now sitting with 52% state of charge in the HVB. Driving in the next few days should confirm if the SOC range is 20- 80%. My previous 4wd hybrid had a standard range of 40-53%!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seen today soc changes from 49 to 69%. Need more driving to confirm higher and/or lower limits. The Scanguage II data is matching the hybrid assistant app used on the smart phone. Could not get the Prius hybrid app to work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to mention, the radiator temperature only has to reach over 100f for EV to kick in. This is really quick compared to my previous hybrid that required a f temperature of 155 before EV could occur.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seen 36% soc and 69% soc. Engine starts when soc drops to 40% . In ev mode, car pops out of ev mode at 45% soc but can continue in electric mode until 40%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts