Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I'm Fairly new to the TN forums (spend most of my forum time on phone sites). I was hoping someone knows anything about touching up alloy rims? I have since buying it scratched against a few curbs here and there causing scratches on the edge of the rim.

I found a alloy kit on the scratch wizard website.

https://scratchwizard.net/toyota-alloy-wheel-repair-kit.html

If anyone has any input feel free to share. As I would prefer something specific to our alloy rims for the s plus.

·
Premium Member
2014 Corolla Sport
3,246 Posts
Hello guys I'm Fairly new to the TN forums (spend most of my forum time on phone sites). I was hoping someone knows anything about touching up alloy rims? I have since buying it scratched against a few curbs here and there causing scratches on the edge of the rim.

If anyone has any input feel free to share. As I would prefer something specific to our alloy rims for the s plus.

Hm, never tackled something like this, I have always had plasti dip on my wheels to avoid curb rash. Try calling a wheel shop and see what they might recommend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, never tackled something like this, I have always had plasti dip on my wheels to avoid curb rash. Try calling a wheel shop and see what they might recommend.
That's interesting I wish I knew about plasti dip helping avoid curb rashes. I hit up a few spots here in Los Angeles area but some wanted too much ( $100 per tire ). I can see it justified it was actually chipped but they're just surface rashes not deep. I feel that if I can find the right touch up paint I'd give it a try.

At that repair rate might as well buy new rims off craigslist ;p

·
Premium Member
2014 Corolla Sport
3,246 Posts
That's interesting I wish I knew about plasti dip helping avoid curb rashes. I hit up a few spots here in Los Angeles area but some wanted too much ( $100 per tire ). I can see it justified it was actually chipped but they're just surface rashes not deep. I feel that if I can find the right touch up paint I'd give it a try.

At that repair rate might as well buy new rims off craigslist ;p
True, you buy a complete set of new wheels for like $450.

·
Registered
738 Posts

Find a new, similar, rental car to yours (this can be a crap shoot), rent it...if you're ever desperate, rental cars can be a good source of replacement parts...I'm kidding...

There should be wheel repair services not too far from you, not sure on pricing though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.