Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I'm Nick and new to the Forum, but not new to Toyota vehicles. I like Toyota and Mitsubishi cars. I drive 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE, FWD with V6 engine and 6 speed AT.. My lovely wife drive 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport with CVT transmission and FWD. Ve drive from Mexico to Canada, and from Pacific Ocean to Atlantic Ocean. No airplanes and n
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car
o offroad. Only HW driving. These two SUVs are perfect for our lifestyle. We live in the hot and dry Arizona (Phoenix). We really appreciate how the Japanese Engineers make cars, so we do not make any "improvements" or modifications to our vehicles. I truly believe this forum is very important for Toyota owners, as we will run across knowledgeable and honest people with useful info for all of us...Toyota lovers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Buddy, I have the same color and model for my XLE. Although i live in Hot TX and have driven multiple times for Disney trips both East Coast (Orlando) & West Coast (Anaheim) with a family of 7. Love those long road trips, but i would like to upgrade my boring system with Carplay at some point.

Question: Depending on how many miles you have, be on the lookout for premature CV axle boot leaks. My front axles busted around 70K and fortunately, i had an extended warranty which i used it to get them replaced. Since it's a family car, no off-roading on this bad boy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Buddy, what year is your HL? Those things depends on Generations and years of manufacture...as well climate and driving conditions. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate that. My HL has 48K highway miles. I'll keep an eye on the front axle!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Buddy, what year is your HL? Those things depends on Generations and years of manufacture...as well climate and driving conditions. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate that. My HL has 48K highway miles. I'll keep an eye on the front axle!
Mine is also 2016 same color (blue). But i did notice that the build quality has gone down. There was another leak that i caught during my oil and was able to utilize my extended warranty for the repairs. Thanks to these forms where our helpful community helped me out. Here's the thread link

Just keep an eye for this kind of leak also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is also 2016 same color (blue). But i did notice that the build quality has gone down. There was another leak that i caught during my oil and was able to utilize my extended warranty for the repairs. Thanks to these forms where our helpful community helped me out. Here's the thread link

Just keep an eye for this kind of leak also.
Did you check your cabin air filter? Yesterday I checked mine, and it was dirty. Bought one from Larry H. Miller Toyota Peoria and replaced it....$20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts