Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using an x100 pad2 to try and program a 2017 Toyota Camry. I said "try" because I cannot program the key I have cut for the vehicle. The key I cut opens the doors, and turns the ignition cylinder; however, I cannot have it programmed because I do not have a sub-master key. I am wondering what is a sub master key? I saw a video for a 2015 Camry, and the locksmith, programmed a remote first. I don't know if this was to make a sub-master key first or if the key was already preprogrammed and he just wanted to program the remote first. But please let me know. Also, I could not locate the 'reset IMMO' button after I selected Type H chip in my programmer. Any reason as to why this option is not available in my pad2?

·
Registered
480 Posts
in the older toyotas you had to erase all programmed keys before programming new ones in. not sure about how 2017s work

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am using an x100 pad2 to try and program a 2017 Toyota Camry. I said "try" because I cannot program the key I have cut for the vehicle. The key I cut opens the doors, and turns the ignition cylinder; however, I cannot have it programmed because I do not have a sub-master key. I am wondering what is a sub master key? I saw a video for a 2015 Camry, and the locksmith, programmed a remote first. I don't know if this was to make a sub-master key first or if the key was already preprogrammed and he just wanted to program the remote first. But please let me know. Also, I could not locate the 'reset IMMO' button after I selected Type H chip in my programmer. Any reason as to why this option is not available in my pad2?
you'll need atleast 1 of the working keys to create additional keys with techstream. worst case scenario, contact your Toyota dealer and have them pull up the code for your key and maybe they can create you one. good luck

·
Registered
2015 Sienna LE, 2016 Camry LE
182 Posts
If you do not have a master key the only way to get one is the dealership. It’ll cost a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pg8
The Immobilizer Key
REPLACING THE KEY Upon purchase, each vehicle should have two master keys and an aluminum tag with a key-code imprinted on it. To generate a fully functional replacement key (one that will both open the doors and start the engine), one of the master keys is required. To make a key that will open the door for retrieval of items locked inside the vehicle, the aluminum key-code tag can be used. If a master key or the aluminum key-code tag is not available, a Toyota dealer or certain registered locksmiths can obtain the key code from a restricted-access database. These businesses can also access a service utility to reprogram the immobilizer if all registered master keys have been lost. If a Toyota dealer is not available, please refer to www.aloa.org to find a bonded/registered locksmith who performs high security key service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts