Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2017 Corolla LE that came with an Entune multimedia display with a cd player, but no factory navigation. It did come with a rearview camera installed. Anyhow, so the features are really limited & as such, I bought an aftermarket display. I unscrewed the factory installed display and its a Fujitsu model FT0077A touchscreen

I was wondering if anyone had access to a diagram of the wires or knew what they were. Most of all, if anyone knows the wires for the factory installed camera, as I would like to keep the OEM camera and connect it to the new display. I am attaching images of the back of the factory installed fujitsu display and also the wire bundles.

I got this HARNESS and watched a few videos and I think I can figure out the speakers, etc, but any help would be truly appreciated, especially with the camera. Also anyone know if the factory installed camera is 6v or 12 volts, I know sometimes a step down on the voltage is needed as all aftermarkets are pretty much 12v.

Thank you, truly appreciate any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There has to be a reason why you didn't just go for an aftermarket android stereo.
But.....I just can't think of what that reason could be.
Actually its Fiance's, (now wife's car). Anyhow, considering there are countless people who change their factory installed radio/multimedia displays out including a ton out there who have the same exact system, but later on wanted to add a different system, there has to be a reason why you took the time to write a useless post thinking that is relevant, I just can't think of what that reason could be.

And the various companies that make aftermarket harnesses for precisely this purpose, must be manufacturing them for...oh I dunno, perhaps "cooking" purposes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait, what are you trying to do? Your post reads like you are trying to just change out the touchscreen/display with another unit but keep it in the same housing. This will likely not work.

Did you buy a replacement head unit and you are looking to switch it out?
Hello Petergray8, thank you for your reply. My apologies if my post read a bit ambiguous. Basically, I bought a replacement head unit, and I am just looking to switch it out.

So of course the replacement head unit I purchased doesn't have the same exact connectors/connection points as the factory installed unit, so I posted here to see if anyone had a wiring diagram of what each wire/connector that was originally connected to the factory installed unit, does. That way I can solder & connect them to the appropriate wires coming from the replacement unit's connectors.

Also, I did see dash kits on Amazon that people purchase so that it helps any replacement unit "fit better," but luckily, I have no issue there as the aftermarket unit I purchased, fits almost perfectly.

Anyhow I hope that clarified anything ambiguous in my original post. I would appreciate any feedback you may have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can probably post some wiring diagrams later today. But your best bet would be to get a harness adapter / set so that you don’t need to chop off the existing connectors. That way you can always go back to factory or if you want to change head units again in future you won’t have to worry about wires being too short.

Crutchfield would likely have a kit for your car that would have adapters for everything - audio, Bluetooth mic, backup camera, etc.

i.e something like this Crux SWRTY-61N Wiring Interface

Sorry I should've mentioned, I did see Harnesses on Crutchfield & couple other sites, but the "all encompassing" harnesses were over $100. I did end up purchasing this Harness. I mentioned soldering in respect to the connections just out of habit & because assumed all the harnesses connectors may not be a perfect fit.

Now that I checked it, most of the connectors from this harness do seem be a match for the Corolla's connectors, although I am not certain if the wiring within every connector is routed to perfectly correlate with the Corolla connectors' wiring.

The one thing I don't understand fully is this mentions having a "Canbus decoder" which I couldn't find clear info online, whether it's needed or not for a Corolla...(one place I read that Corolla doesn't use Canbus)

Nevertheless, if you are able to post or guide me to a wiring diagram, I would truly appreciate it as I am sure that would really help with troubleshooting since these things are rarely plug & play with everything working automatically.

Thank you for your help 🙏

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wiring diagrams below:

31_1.pdf (chiltonlibrary.com)
31_2.pdf (chiltonlibrary.com)
31_3.pdf (chiltonlibrary.com)

Unfortunately I do not have the connector pinouts for the stereo.
Thank you so much Peter 🙏 I hope this didn't cause you too much of a hassle. So I started watching a few videos on wiring diagrams & I believe I should be able to identify the connector pinouts from the Wiring Diagrams you provided. Initially my dumb Ass forgot to disconnect the negative & ended up blowing a couple of fuses. After replacing those & learning from the diagrams you provided, I will work slowly on installing the new head unit (lol, if that didn't blow also with the fuses). I will post back about the harness, wiring, etc etc when its complete, to potentially be of aid to any future reader of this thread.

Thank you again Peter, you gave me something concrete to work off of.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts