Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 corolla LE with 40k mile on it, the front driver tire started a slow leak a month ago.
it roughly lose 1-2 psi each day, so have to pump it less than every week.
i spray soap water onto the bead and valve didn't notice any bubble come out.

i happened to have two new tires with me, i can put one of them on at costco, but worry that it's not the tire problem then wasted the time and money.
don't want to use the fix a flat since it ruin the tire and spoke.

any suggestion where it can be leaked?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Put the soapy water over the tread area - sounds like you picked up a nail / screw / etc and it's leaking.
Fix a flat really doesn't work. Mushroom plugs seem to work... this site has opinions

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the soapy water over the tread area - sounds like you picked up a nail / screw / etc and it's leaking.
Fix a flat really doesn't work. Mushroom plugs seem to work... this site has opinions
i think it has to be a nail somewhere.
i pump it to 40psi yesterday morning, required 32psi, gave it extra just in case, and this morning it's totally flat. seems it's losing psi at an increasing pace.
looked again with wheel on, didn't find any nail, probably it's on the inside side.
have to take the wheel off tonight and do a thorough check. else just take to walmart/costco to put on my new tire.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,575 Posts
Take it a tire shop. My other car had a slow leak and had discount tire repair it. The tpms kept going off once a week. Got tired of putting air every week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, turned out to be a 2 inch nail in the trough of tire thread, unable to see without wheel taken off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you have a sams club membership, they will repair the leak for free. doesn't matter if you got the tire there or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts