Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After watching the Prius Prime being revealed (and liking it a lot!), I deceided to go to the Toyota USA website to take a look at it... until I saw this:

Yup, that is the 11.5 gen Corolla and right away, I can tell that some people may not like the looks of it. When I first saw it, it looked really weird to me but I think I'm getting used to the look already and I'm liking the aggressiveness to it. I wonder how it looks in real life! :)

Here are some links:
http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/corolla/
http://pressroom.toyota.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5509
http://corolla50.toyota.com/

More Pictures:

·
Stupendous TN Member
2015 Corolla LE Eco
415 Posts
Click me for pictures of the 11.5 Gen

I'm surprised this wasn't posted sooner! I came across that Buzzfeed video, and surprise surprise the 11.5 gen's been revealed. The new interior looks a lot like the current iM's interior. Maybe the new design is an acquired taste, but I'm glad I got the corolla when I did. I prefer the 11th gen's design.:grin:

·
Registered
738 Posts
After watching the Prius Prime being revealed (and liking it a lot!), I deceided to go to the Toyota USA website to take a look at it... until I saw this:

Yup, that is the 11.5 gen Corolla and right away, I can tell that some people may not like the looks of it. When I first saw it, it looked really weird to me but I think I'm getting used to the look already and I'm liking the aggressiveness to it. I wonder how it looks in real life! :)

Here are some links:
http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/corolla/
http://pressroom.toyota.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5509
http://corolla50.toyota.com/
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in person. Pictures don't always do the actual car justice.

How long do you think Toyota will run the Corolla's life cycle? It looks like the Asian, and American, automakers run 4-6 year cycles, vs 6-8 years for the Europeans - all of them seem to do a refresh mid-way through the cycle.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Not bad, a bit massive in the front (give more presence and a modern look though).
Interior closer to iM with round vents and less physical buttons.
Love the blue stitching, a bit less all red rear lights (looks a bit bland).
All in all nice but no big deal.

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in person. Pictures don't always do the actual car justice.

How long do you think Toyota will run the Corolla's life cycle? It looks like the Asian, and American, automakers run 4-6 year cycles, vs 6-8 years for the Europeans - all of them seem to do a refresh mid-way through the cycle.
With the U.S. 10th gen Corolla, it was 2009-2010 before the mid gen refresh and then 2011-2013 until the 11th gen came out which means it was 5 years. The U.S. 9th gen Corolla was 2003-2004 before the mid gen refresh and then 2005-2008 until the 10th gen came out. So usually, it's 5-6 years for the U.S. Corolla's generation life cycle which means that the next generation will be out in 2019 or 2020.

To go back to the 2017 Corolla, we have only seen the SE (S trim replacement) front bumper so I wonder how the L, LE, and XLE bumper will look like if there is still two different bumpers.

·
Registered
738 Posts
With the U.S. 10th gen Corolla, it was 2009-2010 before the mid gen refresh and then 2011-2013 until the 11th gen came out which means it was 5 years. The U.S. 9th gen Corolla was 2003-2004 before the mid gen refresh and then 2005-2008 until the 10th gen came out. So usually, it's 5-6 years for the U.S. Corolla's generation life cycle which means that the next generation will be out in 2019 or 2020.

To go back to the 2017 Corolla, we have only seen the SE (S trim replacement) front bumper so I wonder how the L, LE, and XLE bumper will look like if there is still two different bumpers.
With the SE trim, I wonder if that means there's room for an XSE version...could Toyota be doing this to align trim levels across some models, or make it a little more consistent? Personally, I'm a fan of how the Europeans do it, no trim levels, you just select your car from the dealer if you're in a hurry, or don't care, or you can sit down with your sales consultant, and go through the myriad of options (I've done this, time consuming, but fun).

Did anyone see the concept TRD Corolla from the SEMA show? I wonder if that could become a reality. That one actually looked slick.

·
straight cash homie
19,033 Posts
Couldn't find any media really covering the 50th Corolla yet...all I see is Highlander and Prius Prime...Toyota is trolling Optimus it seems.

But wow, they're bringing out three new trim levels (like the Camry) SE, XSE and XLE....hmmm.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,636 Posts
Click me for pictures of the 11.5 Gen

I'm surprised this wasn't posted sooner! I came across that Buzzfeed video, and surprise surprise the 11.5 gen's been revealed. The new interior looks a lot like the current iM's interior. Maybe the new design is an acquired taste, but I'm glad I got the corolla when I did. I prefer the 11th gen's design.:grin:
I see it still has the classic 4x4 Corolla stance! :lol:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I see it still has the classic 4x4 Corolla stance! :lol:
You know, with the 4x4 stance, they could add yet another trim level - maybe something like Corolla X...add a little more beefy body cladding, and you can sell it as a crossover-sedan - kind of like the old Subaru Outback Sedan of a number of years ago...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to get the front end to bolt on to my 14... In the event I ever Crack my bumper

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

From what I can tell in pictures, the headlights were changed, which means the hood, and front fenders were also changed, so in order to change the front end, you'd have to get a new hood, and front fenders in addition to the bumper. You'd also have to figure out how they'd mount to the underlying structure, since those might have changed as well. Simple answer - probably not an easy proposition.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE Plus
538 Posts
From what I can tell in pictures, the headlights were changed, which means the hood, and front fenders were also changed, so in order to change the front end, you'd have to get a new hood, and front fenders in addition to the bumper. You'd also have to figure out how they'd mount to the underlying structure, since those might have changed as well. Simple answer - probably not an easy proposition.
I don't think they would change the fenders, hood and underlying structure. That would cost them too, too much. As far as I can tell, the fenders and hood look exactly the same so only the headlights and front bumper would need a change. The headlights could be pretty pricy though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don't think they would change the fenders, hood and underlying structure. That would cost them too, too much. As far as I can tell, the fenders and hood look exactly the same so only the headlights and front bumper would need a change. The headlights could be pretty pricy though.

I don't recall saying that I thought they changed the underlying structure (I could be wrong, or just unclear though), but the mounting points would probably change. As for the hood, and fenders, the pictures aren't super-detailed. I guess the only way to really tell is to put the cars side by side. mid-cycle refreshes have been known to be either very subtle, or very extensive, so a new hood, and front fenders are entirely possible.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts