Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Now you see why I have been a bit negative, oil leaks at 30K miles or more the absence of
How common is this issue? You name the brand that sells several hundred thousand vehicles a year and I guarantee you there'll be some vehicles with oil leaks at less then 30k miles. No manufacturer builds the perfect car. If this issue is common (I don't know), then I may agree with you. And even then you have to compare it to failure rates of all other manufacturers to make any judgement.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Now you see why I have been a bit negative, ...
Yes, I absolutely see the reason for negativity and disappointment; unfortunately, negativity does not solve problems and brings people down while they are already in an upset situation (yet, I am very aware some people feel better knowing others stand with them etc.). In this particular instance, if the initial leak was not fixed by the dealer, it could be other factors other than Toyota (even at their manufacturing plant, there is the chance of sloppy assembly work, low quality parts), as we all know how those dealership mechanics can be with their workmanship.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update: the job was completed in 5 days. A loaner was provided during the period. The car seems to drive fine but I am noticing a slight knock when I turn the car on. Its not always there but it almost sounds like vibration from the engine is shaking something loose. The biggest issue is that after two days I looked for a leak and spotted a small oil droplet pretty much in the same location. Ugh, I read some where that this issue can be complex to correct but im cleaning it today and checking back on it after a day or two.
Possibly an engine or transmission mount

21 - 24 of 24 Posts