Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered this recall today for my 2017. Replace engine oil cooler pipe - Special Service Campaign 19TC04.

I called my dealer today and they want me to bring in tomorrow to be checked out first so maybe doesn't need to be replaced if not found defective. If it is then they would have to order the part for installation at a second appointment.

recall.jpg

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It says just certain 2017-2019 Highlander HV so I don't think it includes non hybrid. I tried typing in some VIN numbers of used Highlanders listed on some dealers' websites into the Toyota recall page on it's website and they came back as not included.

EDIT: I also tried some VIN's of 2017 to 2019 Hybrids that came back as not included as well so it must be for for specific VIN's and not all .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
At the dealer right now and they now say it's mandatory replacement without even an inspection. Luckily they had one kit in stock so about 2 hours to replace.

UPDATE: Took exactly two hours

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received official recall notice today in the mail so anyone out there subject to the same recall should be notified shortly.

Checking on past recalls for Toyota and Oil Cooling Pipe reveals that Toyota has been through this before years ago - you would think they would have learned to avoid this after those recalls but it seems they didn't

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the dealer right now and they now say it's mandatory replacement without even an inspection. Luckily they had one kit in stock so about 2 hours to replace.

UPDATE: Took exactly two hours
Hello, is it possible to tell me if they told you what they did and what was included in this service campaign. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, is it possible to tell me if they told you what they did and what was included in this service campaign. Thank you so much!
It was pretty straight forward. The oil cooler pipe is an external part on the lower front of the engine that just bolts on. I'm willing to bet an experienced Toyota tech could do this in half an hour tops.

Here's an image:

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was pretty straight forward. The oil cooler pipe is an external part on the lower front of the engine that just bolts on. I'm willing to bet an experienced Toyota tech could do this in half an hour tops.

Here's an image:

View attachment 295808
Thank you for your answer. I am sorry if I become PIA but may I ask if you had any symptoms prior to discovering of the recall, stated in the campain explanation? And do you feel any difference after the servicing in driving the vehicle?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your answer. I am sorry if I become PIA but may I ask if you had any symptoms prior to discovering of the recall, stated in the campain explanation? And do you feel any difference after the servicing in driving the vehicle?
I had no problem before replacement - wasn't leaking but according to Toyota it had the potential to be a problem so it was preventative. No difference at all after replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts