Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota has introduced a new Prius that is expected to return the highest MPGe rating of any plug-in hybrid on the market.

The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime is being heralded as the "one of the most technologically advanced, best-equipped Prius in the model's history," getting a substantial 26-percent improvement over its predecessor, thanks to greater battery capacity and an improved hybrid system. According to the Japanese automaker, the Prius Prime is targeting a hybrid MPG equal to or better than the Prius liftback when used in hybrid mode.

More: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-In Hybrid Gets an Estimated 120 MPGe on AutoGuide.com

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,636 Posts
I'm more interested in the styling of that model.
The current Prius model looks terrible and needs to be updated quickly.........Very quickly.
Just proves you can't make everyone happy. People said the old Prius was too bland so the new one is bold. Now people still complain about it. :facepalm:

Personally I like it. Once I saw it in person I warmed up to it quickly. Driving it won me over. :wink:

·
Registered
2016 Camry SE
78 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah.. They all claim high MPG, but it is all based out of sunny california.. How many MPGe does it get when it is -20 degrees out and snowing?
My EV claims 45 Mile range,. and gets 42 in the summer.. Gets 12 in the winter..
Won't believe a word of this till i see some arctic numbers..

·
Registered
2005 Corolla
325 Posts
120mpg is cool but how much of the gas savings are gonna go towards your electricity bill and the new battery when this one goes in like 5-8 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts