Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Camry XLE that had the Turanzas. At around 8k, I had a flat. The tires were already worn to 5/32 and 6/32. I replaced them with Michelin Premier’s. It’s a night and day difference. Car handles better, is quieter and with 22k on this tires (30k total), I’m still at 7/32.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a 2018 Camry XLE that had the Turanzas. At around 8k, I had a flat. The tires were already worn to 5/32 and 6/32. I replaced them with Michelin Premier’s. It’s a night and day difference. Car handles better, is quieter and with 22k on this tires (30k total), I’m still at 7/32.
What tire size do you have?

Michelin Premier starts off at 8.5/32nds and they have a warranty of 60k miles. However, they wont last till 60k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
235/45/18 on my XLE. Even if they don’t make it 60k, the improvement in drivability over the Turanzas is worth the price.

·
Registered
562 Posts
What tire size do you have?

Michelin Premier starts off at 8.5/32nds and they have a warranty of 60k miles. However, they wont last till 60k miles.
My wife is a pretty conservative driver. She have put in more than 52K on Michelin premiers and the tread is comfortably above the wear tabs. Maybe its the driving style which matters, in which case I wouldnt have gotten this mileage :cool:

·
Registered
2018 Camry SE Hybrid
12 Posts
Replaced my Turanzas at 49,000 on my 2018 SE Hybrid in Feb. They made a lot of noise at end. Probably from uneven wear. Had many flats. One tire had three plugs. I live on Long Island, NY. They didn't do bad for traction overall.

Got :
Continental
Conti PureContact LS w Eco+ BK SL
235/45VR18

Except for the slight MPG hit because of road resistance tires so far are great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Replaced my Turanzas at 49,000 on my 2018 SE Hybrid in Feb. They made a lot of noise at end. Probably from uneven wear. Had many flats. One tire had three plugs. I live on Long Island, NY. They didn't do bad for traction overall.

Got :
Continental
Conti PureContact LS w Eco+ BK SL
235/45VR18

Except for the slight MPG hit because of road resistance tires so far are great.
Nice you got some good mileage out of the Turanzas. I got the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts