Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Tank page my estimated mpg always reads 99.9 mpg is has stop updating. Any idea what is wrong?

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
378 Posts
Why are you complaining about having the most fuel efficient car ever?

In all seriousness, have you tried to reset the tank page?

I think my MPG meter jumps to maximum when I'm coasting around without pressing the accelerator pedal because the CPU stops sending gas to the engine. Do you have an EV mode or something like that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you complaining about having the most fuel efficient car ever?

In all seriousness, have you tried to reset the tank page?

I think my MPG meter jumps to maximum when I'm coasting around without pressing the accelerator pedal because the CPU stops sending gas to the engine. Do you have an EV mode or something like that?
I wish. I normally get 55 to 52 mpg. How do you reset the tank page? The OK button does nothing on that page? The miles left till empty works fine. It was working fine till yesterday. Do I have to refill my tank to reset it?

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
378 Posts
I just hold the OK button until the meter resets. Does it not say that on your tank page?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hold the OK button until the meter resets. Does it not say that on your tank page?
No it does not say that on that page. On other pages that show mpg it does say that and the OK button works. It does not work on the tank page! Thats why Im having this issue. I can't reset it.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
378 Posts
I think I got the tank page and instantaneous mpg page mixed up. What’s the tank page? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
2021 Camry Hybrid
32 Posts
If it's the page I'm thinking of, there isn't a way to reset it on that screen. You need to go to your instrument cluster, and reset the second page (the one that says since reset). That resets your tank page and starts new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are only two other places where you can hit the OK button to reset and they don't reset this screen. The only way I know how to reset this is to have a half tank of gas and fill it up again!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
378 Posts
Ah, I don't think I have that page in my car. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
2021 Camry Hybrid
32 Posts
So, the tank page only will reset when you have used enough fuel in the tank, and then refilled it. A small amount (a few gallons) won't reset that. Now for why it isn't tracking your fuel economy now? I'm not sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts