Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the 2019 Camrys' come with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, which added Lane Tracing Assist. Does anyone know if the 2018 Camrys' hardware is compatible with that feature? Are there any custom firmwares to enable it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,646 Posts
I heard the 2019 Camrys' come with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, which added Lane Tracing Assist. Does anyone know if the 2018 Camrys' hardware is compatible with that feature? Are there any custom firmwares to enable it?
In North America, Camry does not come with TSS 2.0. Not even the 2020 Camry will have TSS 2.0. The camry is on TSS-P .. Only the xle and xse has the full speed dynamic cruise control. Maybe the 2021 will have tss 2.0.

Most likely the camera sensor or the forward recognition camera will need to be changed.. not just firmware but also hardware.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In North America, Camry does not come with TSS 2.0. Not even the 2020 Camry will have TSS 2.0. The camry is on TSS-P .. Only the xle and xse has the full speed dynamic cruise control. Maybe the 2021 will have tss 2.0.

Most likely the camera sensor or the forward recognition camera will need to be changed.. not just firmware but also hardware.
That sucks. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can add a certain 3rd party device to your car to give it lane tracing assist with full speed dynamic cruise control. I've heard it's not allowed to be discussed on this forum but I can send you the link if you want. Just pm me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts