Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a 2018 Camry LE with the 4 banger. I am new to Toyota and I noticed that every time I turn on the A/C even when the setting for the cold setting is set to the middle temp, the in cabin recirculation setting comes on and I have to turn it off. Is this normal? Maybe nothing, but it is a setting that I would like to keep off when I select for it to be off.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
562 Posts
I think the recirculation turns on automatically if the sensors see the temperature differential is too big because A/C with recirculation is the most efficient way to cool the cabin down. If you turn on the A/C when the cabin temp is closer to the outside temp or set temp, it might not come on. I know that the system did turn off recirculation automatically for me at some point while I was doing a long drive with A/C on, but I don't know the exact requirements for the system to do that.

·
Official PITA
'05 Solara 'Vert & '07 ES350
1,184 Posts
Yep - most efficient / quickest way to cool down the cabin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello,
I just bought a 2018 Camry LE with the 4 banger. I am new to Toyota and I noticed that every time I turn on the A/C even when the setting for the cold setting is set to the middle temp, the in cabin recirculation setting comes on and I have to turn it off. Is this normal? Maybe nothing, but it is a setting that I would like to keep off when I select for it to be off.

Thanks,

View attachment 342540
I have purchased the same vehicle LE and its very normal to cool it off fast then you can turn it off , but because I rather not have the poluted air coming in I just leave it on and turn the temperature down and the blower at times . the best thing I like in most of my cars is the automatic light setting , you never have to pull a switch on or off . good luck with progress.:coffee:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts