Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2018 corolla le last year. I wasn’t a big car enthusiast at all. But after hanging out with friends who’re really into cars and after a lot of car videos, I sorta got hooked. I’m slowly but steadily modding my car. I think it’s an awesome car to mod. My next big project is installing a turbo. I’ve looked around and all I see are turbos for older gen. Is there a way to turbo a new gen corolla like mine?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,298 Posts
Welcome to TN @louieswerve ! You posted in the 10th gen Corolla forum and that's ok. I will move your thread to the 11th gen Corolla forum.

In the meantime, you can reach out to turbokits.com for information to find out if they have kits available. Good luck.

Edited the title and added 2018 Corolla.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,339 Posts
I bought my 2018 corolla le last year. I wasn’t a big car enthusiast at all. But after hanging out with friends who’re really into cars and after a lot of car videos, I sorta got hooked. I’m slowly but steadily modding my car. I think it’s an awesome car to mod. My next big project is installing a turbo. I’ve looked around and all I see are turbos for older gen. Is there a way to turbo a new gen corolla like mine?
I have a 2009 Corolla S 5MT that I've turbocharged with the turbo kit from Turbokits.com and even though it was designed for the 10th Gen Corolla there have been many people that have used it for the 11th Gen Corolla and Corolla iM too. The kit will bolt right up but the nose on the 11th Gen is longer so you will need a little more intercooler pipe. Other than that it will, the turbo kit will fit and work beautifully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did your friends tell you? Get another car? Going turbo requires some downtime, so you wouldn't be able to daily it while any work gets done.
I have a good friend who works on the cars at a toyota dealership. He’s been super helpful and I always ask him for his input. Luckily during these times I wont really need to go anywhere except to work bc school is online. I can always borrow my folk’s car/uber,lyft if I need to go somewhere.

·
straight cash homie
22,856 Posts
I have a good friend who works on the cars at a toyota dealership. He’s been super helpful and I always ask him for his input. Luckily during these times I wont really need to go anywhere except to work bc school is online. I can always borrow my folk’s car/uber,lyft if I need to go somewhere.
If I were you, I'd buy a beater fun car. Because if you decide to go turbo, you just have to be prepared for issues that arise since you'll be voiding the warranty. On a student budget, IDK if I would be doing this or if your folks would even approve.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,298 Posts
If I were you, I'd buy a beater fun car. Because if you decide to go turbo, you just have to be prepared for issues that arise since you'll be voiding the warranty. On a student budget, IDK if I would be doing this or if your folks would even approve.
Or at least a decent daily to drive while the engine is in pieces. Think the most challenging will be the wiring. Don't know how long of down time is required for a turbo build, but internals for sure need to be considered. Though, @SuperchargedMR2 would know for sure since he completed his build.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,339 Posts
Or at least a decent daily to drive while the engine is in pieces. Think the most challenging will be the wiring. Don't know how long of down time is required for a turbo build, but internals for sure need to be considered. Though, @SuperchargedMR2 would know for sure since he completed his build.
Internals are fine unless going for high boost and higher HP. Boost up to 10psi will be fine in stock internals. It's so easy to make the Corolla something so amazing with 8-10psi and keep that Toyota reliability. The car will blow you away with 230-250 hp at the crank.

Reactions: 75aces

·
Registered
2016 Corolla S 6spd
46 Posts
Internals are fine unless going for high boost and higher HP. Boost up to 10psi will be fine in stock internals. It's so easy to make the Corolla something so amazing with 8-10psi and keep that Toyota reliability. The car will blow you away with 230-250 hp at the crank.
have you done any drivetrain mods? does the car still put the power down well assuming you dont have an LSD?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,339 Posts
have you done any drivetrain mods? does the car still put the power down well assuming you dont have an LSD?
Yes, power has been easy to get to the ground. I have found a LSD for my 5MT from MWR. I might look it doing that when I replace my clutch. Time will tell but I'm very happy with the result I have achieved.

Reactions: frnny6spd

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,298 Posts

This just came up.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,339 Posts

This just came up.
Interesting, I'm not sure why someone would sell it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.