Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I put almost 14 gallons in the XLE just this Monday. Posted a picture of the pump for proof :)
That's good news, with that much fuel and the mileage mentioned by chleourdog above it should have pretty good range. Unfortunately in this state (Oregon) we are not allowed to pump our own gas and the attendant has to shut the pump down after it clicks off the first time! I try to buy my gas across the border in Washington when ever I'm up there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wait until you read the manual that describes all of the possible scenarios where this "great" safety equipment won't work, or will give you false information, or will take inappropriate corrective actions because the sensors might be dirty, covered by ice/snow, etc. Poor design!

·
Registered
17 Posts
3. The sales people said the new 2018 hybrids use a lithium-ion battery. I read on another internet site that only the LE model gets the li-ion battery and the other two modes still use the NiMH battery. Does anyone have some accurate information on this?
Capacity. 4.0 ampere hour (LE). 6.5 ampere hour for Ni-MH (SE/XLE)

The people who know about such things say that the 2 battery packs have about the same "useful" capacity in spite of the Ni-MH having a higher rating.

Got this information from here:

http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2018+toyota+camry+hybrid+product+info+sheet.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the car a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT. I have an XLE. The LE was too stripped for me and the XLE is honestly more luxurious than my 2016 Mercedes. The MPG's are lower because of weight, rims, and battery difference.
So is the gas tank 13 gallons or 17 gallons?

I'm torn between the V6 and the Hybrid. I know the V6 holds 17 gallons.

13 gallons 500 + miles range. I am getting 42 ish mpg

None of the Hybrids have paddle shifters...but drive mode buttons. Well...at least the 3 models I test drove didn't.

I got 50MPG and 661 Miles out of the very first tank of gas. (see my most recent thread)
Love the color,

·
Registered
7 Posts
We purchased a 2019 Camry Hybrid XLE - Rode much smoother and quieter than LE - We get around 45 mpg - which is really nice - I've had Toyotas since 1971 - never regretted buying one. This one is pure luxury !

21 - 28 of 28 Posts