Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TableRocked
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having echo issues with their hands free phone calls on their 2018 Highlander Hybrid? I'm an RF Engineer working in telecom, so I know its not a wireless network issue or a specific phone issue as I've tried multiple phones from different wireless carrier networks. Getting ready to take it to the dealer but thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Anyone else having echo issues with their hands free phone calls on their 2018 Highlander Hybrid? I'm an RF Engineer working in telecom, so I know its not a wireless network issue or a specific phone issue as I've tried multiple phones from different wireless carrier networks. Getting ready to take it to the dealer but thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this?
Did you check this website to see if there's an update?

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getHeadUnits

·
TableRocked
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thank you for sending me that shortcut, I didn't know that existed. The service manager did provide me a TSA bulletin that recommends making sure your phone's volume is turned up to maximum whenever you are in a bluetooth call, adjusting the volume down from your radio as required. I tried this, and, sure enough, it removed the echo completely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes, thank you for sending me that shortcut, I didn't know that existed. The service manager did provide me a TSA bulletin that recommends making sure your phone's volume is turned up to maximum whenever you are in a bluetooth call, adjusting the volume down from your radio as required. I tried this, and, sure enough, it removed the echo completely.
This solved this issue for me as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Echo eliminated

I had the same problem with my 2016 Highlander. I went to the dealer and they printed out Tech Tip T-TT-0484-18, Bluetooth Hands Free Call Echo. The hands free volume on the phone was too low. I turned up the Bluetooth volume all the way and the echo ended. See attached.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts