Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TableRocked
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's HyHi 2018 Platinum has 18k miles and I've noticed extensive tire wear. Nothing that appears to show misalignment, over/under inflation, or crazy cornering. I checked prices on the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - SIZE: 245/55R19, and, wow, $228 each.

What kind of mileage have folks gotten out of their first set of tires on this same model and did you go with a different tire for the 2nd set?

If a different brand, impacts to mileage?

·
Registered
544 Posts
My wife's HyHi 2018 Platinum has 18k miles and I've noticed extensive tire wear. Nothing that appears to show misalignment, over/under inflation, or crazy cornering. I checked prices on the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - SIZE: 245/55R19, and, wow, $228 each.

What kind of mileage have folks gotten out of their first set of tires on this same model and did you go with a different tire for the 2nd set?

If a different brand, impacts to mileage?
Consumer Reports did a review of the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - they rated them good but the funny thing is that they listed them as a H rated tire but the ones on my HH (18") are only rated as T. Also when my HH was brand new I measured the tread depth with a gauge and they were 9/32" and not the 10/32" that new ones are listed as on the Bridgestone website. I think Toyota has Bridgestone make a cheaper version for OEM.

EDIT - BTW, my tires are at 18,000 miles and are down to 4/32" so will be replaced by end of summer - won't be another set of Bridgestones.

·
Registered
TCH 2014.5
74 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. Replaced after just over 20K miles. Went with Michelin Defenders with no change in MPG. Treads seem to be holding up better than the OEM tires, but I've only put 5K on the new set so far.

·
TableRocked
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just passed 30k on my wife's 2018 HiHy Platinum, still on OEM original tires, but the dealer told me I was extremely close to needing new ones. Is there a preferred brand/model for my vehicle based on this group? I'm in the Ozark mountains and don't want MPG to suffer. This is a soccer mom vehicle, so I don't care about off road traction. Any recommendations? Tirerack has the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife rated number 1.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
What is your cold tire PSI?

And, what is the UTQG treadwear rating on the tire on your vehicle?

Many tires companies have 'multiple' different but like tires of a given size. This is why online reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

It also doesn't help that the Hybrid Limited Unobtainium is a bloated pig.

If you don't want traction, don't deal with snow, then get the highest UTQG name brand eco-LRR-mpg-tractionless tire you can find. I shop tires using functional parameters, like my local weather conditions, and not how quiet, how long they last, or how much MPG I might get or not get, which are useless marketing parameters. A tire keeps you on the road. And, you sacrifice road grip for quiet or long lasting or MPG. I prefer traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts