Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are falling off on both sides after a drive through car wash. Noticed this has been an issue for RAV4’s for years, saw an old 2014 post regarding this. Have a appointment to fix since under warranty but why is cheap 2 sided tape used to hold them in place?

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep same here, 2013 LE. Have not gotten it fixed. I just avoid car washes.
After repairs I’m doing the same, strictly hand sprayers.

Nothing is built like it use to be, but I’m shocked Toyota build quality is following this trend. Mechanically they are still great though.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
I'll have to take a look at mine. We use touch-less car washes, but they have hurricane-blowers for drying that could be hard on them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to take a look at mine. We use touch-less car washes, but they have hurricane-blowers for drying that could be hard on them.

Didn’t think of the blowers, makes sense since they’er really hot and that could warp things and ruin the adhesives.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts
Wouldn't this be covered under yer warranty? Probably wouldn't hurt to drop by the dealership to find out. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shortly after I bought my 2015 RAV4 one side came halfway off. I just firmly pushed it back in place and it never happened again after many, many normal carwashes. Still intact today. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shortly after I bought my 2015 RAV4 one side came halfway off. I just firmly pushed it back in place and it never happened again after many, many normal carwashes. Still intact today. :)
Same, I just pushed it back in and haven’t had anymore issues since I have avoided drive-thru washes.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
I checked mine, but forgot to post up findings. No trouble with mine coming loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts