Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 Tacoma from first year always made a clinking sound when I slowed to a stop sign and or coasting. After a recent amount of recalls performed and no driving Taco for over 13 days I noticed this sound more frequently at stops and low coasting speed. I started to see that the 16 tacos had a software trans update. My 18 is at only 22k miles should this issue be considered normal ? Is that just how transmission work now a days ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it back, thats a dealership Warranty issue.
Typical Toyota dealer I explained how when I shift from park to reverser or even reverse to drive the entire car shakes engages into transmission rough and hard. I also explained how more then a hundred times when I’m coasting to a stop and applying brakes as trans is downshift it will make a dump thump metal to metal harsh click ...there tech drive it and came back said nothing is wrong. Toyota is going to play dumb when there 16-17 models have the same issue yet the had a correction for if so nothing on 18. Wow. Toyota not honor there warranty stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after a two day inspection the Toyota dealership deemed my clicking metal to metal noise downshift from 3-to 1 rught before I stop is a NORMAL occurrence. Again typical Toyota they deem there stuff so great that when u complaint about the say well it ain’t broke No need to fix it. So at 22k miles on a 18 Tacoma will see how long before any trans issues that are obvious a major recall issue just like my master cylinder that caused my truck not to stop when I was in head a head on collision 💥 its was a recall yet the won’t acknowledge it until thiers a class action lawsuit!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well after a two day inspection the Toyota dealership deemed my clicking metal to metal noise downshift from 3-to 1 rught before I stop is a NORMAL occurrence. Again typical Toyota they deem there stuff so great that when u complaint about the say well it ain’t broke No need to fix it. So at 22k miles on a 18 Tacoma will see how long before any trans issues that are obvious a major recall issue just like my master cylinder that caused my truck not to stop when I was in head a head on collision 💥 its was a recall yet the won’t acknowledge it until thiers a class action lawsuit!!!
Understand your frustration.

Have you checked any other sites or google ? I am not a Tacoma owner, but have seen many articles on the subject. From my cursory reading, it does seem to be more of an annoyance than a problem that will lead to failure.

If I may ask, what truck had the master cylinder issue ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts