Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2019 4Runner’s front bumper is popping out in the corner. I have brought it to the dealership and they could not fix it. They recommend that I go to a body shop to have it glued in place. Does anyone else have this issue? Glue, to fix a bumper does not sound right to me.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Brand new 2019 car and they won't fix it? Is this the result of hitting something or, is it just coming apart? The dealership should have it's own body shop and fix it.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Welcome to the site North.

It should be under warranty, so you have some flex with the dealer. They should not be able to say "dunno" and try to send you somewhere else. Sounds odd to me that they would ask you to take it somewhere else to get it glued. Did you talk to the service manager?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2018 Limited. The body shop at my local Toyota dealership told me it was a common issue with a bad bumper bracket. They offered to replace the bracket but warned it would most likely reoccur or that they could epoxy it for a permanent fix. I trust them from years of great service and opted for the epoxy fix. It's been six months and its just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts