Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't the giant maw on the 2019 Avalon equivalent to the fins on a 1959 Cadillac ... totally useless and, design-wise, completely over the top?

If only we could be sure that it will become as iconic as those tailfins!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yeah but at least you don't have to worry about paint chips :grin:

my favorite 50s car 55 chrysler 300, it had 4 wheel disc brakes and a hemi with 300 hp.

reminds me of a whale shark

·
Registered
113 Posts
@jrspe, I've got a parking lot post for the kisser on that Toyota/Lexus. I'm thinking 2-3 mph. All new Toyotas come standard with collision avoidance technology for precisely that reason!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
we used to describe the bodywork on the side of that Cadillac with this term.

" it looks like a sack of doorknobs"

50 years ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Toyota! I am sorry - oh, so very sorry - for the mocking and the snarky comments about the fifth generation Avalon grille. Attached is a picture of the front end for the 2020 Cadillac CT5 as shown at the New York Auto Show. Talk about ugly - that bullnose and contorted grille-work makes the 5thGen Avalon look great!

p.s. For the record, my 2019 Avalon Lim Hybrid is the best car I have ever owned!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks to me like you people rather be driving those potatoe/egg looking cars from the 80s and 90s!? I like the new Avalon that grill and the tailfins that it has on the back. It's sexy AF. And yes tail fins are coming back, also look at the Prius prime, RAV 4, 2020 Hyundai sonata, and more and fun fact those lobster claw tail lights. They put on new cars are homages to the tailfins. The give the illusion of tailfins especially when they are lite up at night.

·
14TAH Touring 10 TundraDC
2014 TAH Touring
395 Posts
Oh, Toyota! I am sorry - oh, so very sorry - for the mocking and the snarky comments about the fifth generation Avalon grille. Attached is a picture of the front end for the 2020 Cadillac CT5 as shown at the New York Auto Show. Talk about ugly - that bullnose and contorted grille-work makes the 5thGen Avalon look great!

p.s. For the record, my 2019 Avalon Lim Hybrid is the best car I have ever owned!
Aahah, That Cadillac grille looks like an older Cadillac grille sticking out of an Avalon Grille. Over over design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts