Toyota Nation Forum banner

2019 Highlander CarPlay with Sony XAV8000

14K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Pilotds 
#1 ·
I’m just putting this up because I was looking for info myself. Today I got this Sony xav8000 radio installed. It fits pretty nicely in the car. I had the alpine ilx-309 but didn’t like the unit functionality. Here are the pics of both:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Toyota
Car Vehicle Electronics Multimedia Technology
Vehicle Car Technology Electronics Multimedia
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Multimedia Electronics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Electronics

Here is the alpine:
Vehicle Car Electronics Multimedia Automotive navigation system
Vehicle Car Electronics Vehicle audio Multimedia
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Everything works. I had a pro shop install it. The first time around the volume keys and the track advance buttons on the steering wheel were acting funny. I brought it back and they put in a different brand of steering control adapter. It works great now. Back up camera is good too. It was too distorted on the alpine. Also, the alpine dim was still too bright when driving at night. The Sony has better, more intuitive software.

#14 ·
Are we able to use the Sirius tuner that is already in the Highlander ? Supposedly we need a SiriusXM SXV300V1 tuner for it...? I have no idea if the current one is built into the stock Highlander etune unit and unable to be used, or if it's just a separate unit sitting back there. Thank you.

#17 ·
I just bought a 2018 XLE with factory navigation and no JBL. I'm looking at this exact Sony radio and noticed it's not compatible with iDataLink adapters. Do you know what features I would lose by installing this radio? I assume I might lose some functionality of the small multi-information screen in the gauge cluster, but don't know the extent of it.

#18 ·
I’m just putting this up because I was looking for info myself. Today I got this Sony xav8000 radio installed. It fits pretty nicely in the car. I had the alpine ilx-309 but didn’t like the unit functionality. Here are the pics of both: View attachment 290292 View attachment 290298 View attachment 290297 View attachment 290296 View attachment 290295 View attachment 290294 View attachment 290293

Here is the alpine:
View attachment 290301 View attachment 290300 View attachment 290299

Can you provide a rough idea of the cost with professional installation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.