Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe that happened to the rain sensor and now you have to deal with getting the windshield replaced.

I'm going to try the radio for the issue you are having to see if mine is the same way. Honestly, since I've also been enjoying our free trial of the Sirius radio, I've not even attempted to listen to the regular radio...but I definitely need to check mine now.

Hate that the service dept failed to see first hand that the issue wasn't silent when they checked it.
I can turn mine on and if it's working, just turn the Highlander off and restart it again and it will be silent again...its a hit and miss each time I start it.

I also got the you will get a call back within one business day and they actual did call me in that time frame, so hoping u get the same response.

And like you said, We shouldn't have to deal with this on a top of the line trim, but I understand each added feature always can create a problem, just hard to understand why someone never sort of noticed or said anything prior to me signing on the old dotted line about it...My Toyota rep told me it's a glitch with the Safety Connect. (They think)
I assume the previous 2017 to 2018
3rd generation Highlanders did not have the Safety Connect in those vehicles??
Also someone had commented about the 2019 Highlanders having the 3.0 Entune head units...( Not sure if that is correct? I thought they were still the 2.5 versions )

At any rate a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AND TO THE FUTURE OWNERS WHO WILL MAKE THESE CALLS ! Please continue to make them...power in numbers as they say and the more they hear about just how massive this issue is , it will hopefully light a fire under their engineers tails for a quick fix on this issue.
You are correct I misspoke about the head units being 3.0 they are still 2.5 units but they DID attach them to 3.0 hardware (safety connect button housing)/wiring/software for the Safety Connect system that is a feature of the 3.0 head unit which is in part causing the problem.
I still maintain Toyota is trying to offer Safety connect as a reason (something new) to buy the 2019 Platinum limited.
Nothing on the sell website has changed still touting it as a "plus".
This is too important an issue not to share the most accurate information available; again I misspoke what we have in our vehicles is a blending of the two (2.5 & 3.0) systems and is not working.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While I see the info on the workaround has been shared and discussed here already, the attached may be helpful (I know on our end it took time to for everyone to find wording to clearly communicate the issue with the muted navigation system).

As others have mentioned, please do keep reaching out. I was just advised that the level of noise is sending a clear message that this is seen as only temporary workaround and Toyota needs develop a permanent fix. The timing of this permanent fix is still TBD.

Like you, I'm looking forward to a permanent fix soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received a call late this afternoon from the local dealership saying they had heard back from the regional rep, who stated that while Toyota is well aware of this problem, they have advised regional reps that they do not anticipate having a “fix” available for about 6 months! I have been dealing with this locally, but after being told this I called Toyota to confirm. The representative I spoke to did not have any specific information, but gave me a case number and said a case manager would call me prior to 5 PM tomorrow.

Yes, we all need to call Toyota and open cases; but if this 6 month delay for a remedy is true, perhaps it is time to report this matter outside of Toyota. It seems they have been aware of this issue for some time, but were not forthcoming with us at the time of purchase (perhaps not even with their dealers) and Toyota has not reached out to us until we contact them. We should not be purchasing new, top of the line (and not inexpensive) vehicles, under the premise of “buyer beware.”

We will see where this goes when (if) I get the call tomorrow...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not at all surprised by this.
Toyota has moved on from the 3rd gen the best engineers they have are focused on the 4th gen rollout.
I’ve stated many times I am not holding my breath for a fix.
This is not solely a software issue.

On a purely selfish note...
I would use caution bad mouthing our Platinum Highlanders from the rooftops. Too much bad press could cause the value to drop.
lets stay focused and keep the communication directed at Toyota corporate.
Yes the voice command not working as it should vexes me but it is usable with the workaround and it is the only thing that really bugs me about my Platinum which is overall a solid performer.
Consider ourselves lucky we did not purchase a Subaru Ascent go to that forum and read about the CVT,drivetrain problems that issue IS hurting sales,this is nothing by comparison.
Our Toys ain’t leaving us on the side of the road...

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: NAV voice prompts missing

As a quick fix I have found that if I just turn on the Aux or ignition (a press or two on the Start button) without starting the engine, then set my destination, I get voice prompts. If I start the engine prior to setting the destination, then no voice prompts. That much is repeatable, in my case.

Once I pulled over off the road long enough for the engine to shut down in start-stop mode. I programmed in my destination and I got my voice prompts. There are a lot of combinations I have to try (engine on, engine off, use a destination I have used before, Program a new destination, select from the Address Book or Previous Destinations, etc).

The short answer is there is a bug in the nav system. And ... if I had read a little further at the beginning of this thread I would have seen the voice prompt question answered many times ... sorry for cluttering up the joint.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought my 2019 Limited Platinum and noticed the very next day that i had no turn-by-turn voice guidance on my navigation system. I took it to the dealer and they did a software reset but the problem remained.
After paying over $50,000 for a vehicle, I have to admit, I was and still am very upset. I read about the workaround in earlier threads. I tried it a couple of times and so far, it seems to work. Now i am starting to hear faint thumping sounds when in driving above 60mph. Not sure what that can be. I have an appointment with the dealer this weekend and I hope they find out what the weird noise is. These problems are unacceptable for a car this expensive. I have read everyone's input and found them to be very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought a 2019 Platinum.....also with the same issue. The dealer insists on replacing the headunit. I'm trying to tell them it won't work.

Our dealer thought that might be the issue too before reaching out to the Regional Toyota Field Services Tech / Engineer for guidance and/or approval of the expense.

If you want to discourage them, that step may help. Or, have them look up the tech tips (see copy in my post above for your reference).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just bought my 2019 Limited Platinum and noticed the very next day that i had no turn-by-turn voice guidance on my navigation system. I took it to the dealer and they did a software reset but the problem remained.
After paying over $50,000 for a vehicle, I have to admit, I was and still am very upset. I read about the workaround in earlier threads. I tried it a couple of times and so far, it seems to work. Now i am starting to hear faint thumping sounds when in driving above 60mph. Not sure what that can be. I have an appointment with the dealer this weekend and I hope they find out what the weird noise is. These problems are unacceptable for a car this expensive. I have read everyone's input and found them to be very helpful.
Not familiar with the thumping sound but please keep us posted what the issue and fix for that is.

Still not sure if Toyota sales people are not aware of the voice command not working in the Platinum or if they are being deceptive ( or at the very least don't ask don't tell).
I replayed my orientation after purchasing the salesperson and I went over the vehicle functions sitting on the lot even if I had done an "on the road orientation" I probably would have assumed the Voice Command not working was due to new owner error as I did when I first noticed it does not function as it should.
You don't catch on until you live with it for a while in my case on a road trip during Thanksgiving weekend to locations I never visited before and REALLY needed the navigation to work (had no reason to use the voice command driving locally prior to my long trip).
I also own a 2013 limited HL and the Voice Command works flawlessly in that vehicle so I knew pretty quick something was wrong.

If any of you have doubters at the dealership/service department bring them to this forum/thread, replacing head units and software re-flashing is a waste of YOUR time.
They are talking 6 months for a fix; time for Toyota to start talking about some kind of compensation.
I think 2 years or 60,000 miles extension on the bumper to bumper for those affected is reasonable.
If they want our loyalty,trust and faith in the product prove it.
Curious to hear others thoughts regarding this...

·
ChairborneRanger
10 Posts
Greetings all, have been lurking here for months doing homework on a replacement for my 2013 Venza Limited. Planning on buying something by the end of March and looking at the Highlander Limited Platinum, Honda Pilot Touring FWD, or the Mazda CX-9 Signature or Grand Touring. Thanks for alerting me to this disturbing information as the HL was at the top of my list. I use the NAV a lot and not having voice directions is a deal breaker for me. Don't care about voice recognition as I don't like talking to machines. When I talked to my local dealership the (fairly new) sales rep hadn't heard anything about this issue.

My question for the forum is for all of you new 2019 HL Ltd Platinum owners is did this problem surface right away or did it take a few days or weeks of driving before it developed? My dealer has a couple of cars on the lot with this trim and wondering if I drove them and tested the NAV and had voice if that would rule the problem out or not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greetings all, have been lurking here for months doing homework on a replacement for my 2013 Venza Limited. Planning on buying something by the end of March and looking at the Highlander Limited Platinum, Honda Pilot Touring FWD, or the Mazda CX-9 Signature or Grand Touring. Thanks for alerting me to this disturbing information as the HL was at the top of my list. I use the NAV a lot and not having voice directions is a deal breaker for me. Don't care about voice recognition as I don't like talking to machines. When I talked to my local dealership the (fairly new) sales rep hadn't heard anything about this issue.

My question for the forum is for all of you new 2019 HL Ltd Platinum owners is did this problem surface right away or did it take a few days or weeks of driving before it developed? My dealer has a couple of cars on the lot with this trim and wondering if I drove them and tested the NAV and had voice if that would rule the problem out or not?
This issue will present itself as soon as you use the navigation system (Easy speak also) and expect vocal turn by turn assist.
To be clear about the problem, the navigation will work you just will not receive any turn by turn audible assistance maps and visual turn instruction will appear.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have simply gone with the Limited if that is something you can live with you will very happy with a Highlander.

I never use the Easy Speak feature only discovered it was part of the voice command problem when trying the get the navigation prompts to work.
You have been reading the comments all audible functionality works if you perform the work around GMann discovered and shared.
I perform that step when I need the navigation and it works as it should. Still vexed but at least it does work.
Please update us regarding your final decision...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still not sure if Toyota sales people are not aware of the voice command not working in the Platinum or if they are being deceptive ( or at the very least don't ask don't tell).
I replayed my orientation after purchasing the salesperson and I went over the vehicle functions sitting on the lot even if I had done an "on the road orientation" I probably would have assumed the Voice Command not working was due to new owner error as I did when I first noticed it does not function as it should.
You don't catch on until you live with it for a while in my case on a road trip during Thanksgiving weekend to locations I never visited before and REALLY needed the navigation to work (had no reason to use the voice command driving locally prior to my long trip).
I also own a 2013 limited HL and the Voice Command works flawlessly in that vehicle so I knew pretty quick something was wrong.

If any of you have doubters at the dealership/service department bring them to this forum/thread, replacing head units and software re-flashing is a waste of YOUR time.
They are talking 6 months for a fix; time for Toyota to start talking about some kind of compensation.
I think 2 years or 60,000 miles extension on the bumper to bumper for those affected is reasonable.
If they want our loyalty,trust and faith in the product prove it.
Curious to hear others thoughts regarding this...
Like you, I wonder if the salesman are aware of this issue? My guess is at this point they would have to. I realize that the XLE Trim is the number one trim level being sold on the Highlanders and this issue doesn't effect those trims.
I purchased my 2019 Platinum Trim Highlander on 12-8-18. By the next day I noticed something wasn't right with the sounds. When you pushed any button on the radio, I'd get audible beeps one time and not the next time
, then noticed my navigations voice was silent, and then the voice command on the steering wheel, again silence and immediately returned to the dealership I purchased it at telling them of the problem. I got the ..."This is the first we've heard of a problem" and that may well be true, but fast forward to FEB 2019. At this point they have to know this is a issue with EVERY 2019 PLATINUM HIGHLANDER that is delivered to their lot to be sold be it for a normal sale or having been ordered by a customer on the build your own ( which is what we did ). You have to keep in mind that not everyone out there is a member of this or another forum where like us, you find out it's not just your vehicle with a problem. Others are going through the service dept doing a Entune radio update or even getting their radio head units swapped out with another one only to find out that didn't fix it...not to mention the wasted time without your Highlander or the time spent sitting in the service depts waiting area on their "fixes" that never helped.
I read in another post that someone's dealership said this "fix" was going to have a ETA of 6 months...i doubt that the Toyota engineers are putting a time frame on a fix, but they may be blowing smoke up people's backsides because they themselves do not know what else to tell people. But again, this is all just my thoughts. Like everyone else, I'm upset, yes, its not the engine, not the transmission, but on this high of a priced vehicle...this shouldn't have happened nor should they still be selling them to other unsuspecting customers.
Do I think that Toyota should compensate us for this to show they want our loyalty, trust and faith...you bet, and a 2 year or 60,000 mile warranty extension would be sweet...Do I think they would do that? Probably not, BUT this is my first brand new vehicle purchase and Toyota brand purchase, so I can't really judge Toyota about how they will handle this..the best scenario I think will happen is that at some point they WILL find a fix ( maybe even taking 6 months or longer )....we will take our Platinums into the service dept...wait a hour or 2 while they plug in the update file, wait for it to finish, then hand you back your key fob and down the road we will go... only time will tell !!
But PLEASE, if you are new to this forum and are reading this Thread and you also own a Platinum trim with this issue, Call the 800 number and get a case number. Perhaps the MORE reported cases they receive, the more Toyota engineers they put out there working on this !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also, is anyone having any issues with their radio sound? Does your radio sound a bit muffled and lacking clarity? I'm enjoying the free satellite radio trial right now, and the sound for satellite radio is far clearer and louder. When I switch to regular radio stations, I actually need to turn the volume up to hear the regular radio stations. The regular radio station sound is lower, starts out a bit muffled and not clear, then becomes clearer and better about 5 seconds later. Wondering if I am the only one experiencing this.
The muffled to clear is normal. When you switch to different FM stations is starts out as normal “standard definition” reception while it is looking for and acquiring the HD digital signal. You’ll notice the clearer sound timing will coooncide with the HD symbol lighting up in the top right of your radio.

As for volume, I haven’t experienced satellite being louder than FM. However, the radio remembers different EQ settings for the various inputs (ie satellite, fm, am, aux) so check what EQ settings you have for each input source.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Regarding testing the car: you'd notice the issue right away as long as you make sure the vehicle was turned off for, to be safe, at least 20+ minutes before starting it and then start the car immediately (don't put it on accessory mode first or let them pull the car up and then start it). Make sure the car goes from being off for 20+ minutes to putting your foot on the brake and starting the vehicle immediately as you normally would drive it, say, when you leave your house in the morning, leave work, or leave an appointment. You'll know it works if you push on one of the buttons along the side (audio, home, apps on the left of the head unit) and hear a beep. Similarly, you'll know it works if you can set an address in the navigation system and get auditory feedback or press the voice recognition button on the steering wheel and have the car ask you how it can help you.

My educated guess is that all Platinums will have the issue (given the Tech Tips I previously posted) and would be very interested to hear details on any you find that doesn't have the issue.

Now, if you'll indulge me, a few additional thoughts:

Overall, we really like the Highlander except for the muted navigation and beeps issue. It's comfortable, drives well, and the various features for the Highlander and for the Platinum meet our needs as we expected. At the same time, it is unacceptable and irritating when the navigation system audio doesn't work reliably, consistently, and transparently (the car should consistently and reliably serve our needs without occupying mental bandwidth ... for us, that's the point of buying a car of this caliber and the peace of mind that the price brings ... we should not have to adapt to the car, it should seamlessly integrate into our lives). In terms of the listed platinum features, we really appreciate the panoramic roof and heated back seats (e.g., on really cold days when driving (great-)grandparents around, we feel like we made the right decision and the trade-offs we made are meeting our expectations ... until they ask for a detour and the navigation system is muted because you didn't start the car twice and you are aren't in your home town....). Also, the heated steering wheel is quirky in that it's 'only' heated from ~2 to 5 and 7 to 10 o'clock (from seam to seam on the sides).

If you don't like talking to machines and would rather input the location manually, you may be ahead of the curve in 'dealing with' this issue assuming you are most likely to set up the navigation system before you start driving or naturally pull over. This means that you would notice that the navigation system isn't beeping in recognition or giving you the first instruction and you could turn the car off and turn it back on. You'd have to predict your reaction and, for your specific needs and driving patterns how much it matters. For us, it matters a lot but that may or may not be the same for you.

To help your reflections, let me elaborate on the issue itself: the specific issue we are facing is that (i) the audio from the navigation system and the voice recognition system is muted and (ii) the beeps when you select different functions are also muted. The maps show up both on the head unit and on the dashboard. The temporary workaround to get audio is to either turn the car on and off twice (unless the car was on in the last 10 minutes or so) or by turning the car into the second accessory mode (pressing the 'on' button twice) and then stepping on the brake to turn the car on. You can see the specific 'official' instructions from Toyota in the Tech Tips I posted previously in this post.

For us, this muting is very annoying, especially if, say, you are on your way already and then while driving decide to turn on the navigation system (traffic, change in plans, etc.) on only to find it won't speak to you. While there are instructions both on the head unit and a very helpful display pops up on the dashboard by the odometer, it's not the same if there isn't audio associated with the images to catch your attention. Turning the car on in accessory mode first is hard to remember and annoying to add to one's routine. But, there's a reason we picked the Highlander vs other options (e.g., the Pilot 'button' stick shift would have annoyed us...)

We've been advised that Toyota has a fix coming and we trust/hope it's very soon so we can truly enjoy the car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like you, I wonder if the salesman are aware of this issue? My guess is at this point they would have to. I realize that the XLE Trim is the number one trim level being sold on the Highlanders and this issue doesn't effect those trims.
I purchased my 2019 Platinum Trim Highlander on 12-8-18. By the next day I noticed something wasn't right with the sounds. When you pushed any button on the radio, I'd get audible beeps one time and not the next time
, then noticed my navigations voice was silent, and then the voice command on the steering wheel, again silence and immediately returned to the dealership I purchased it at telling them of the problem. I got the ..."This is the first we've heard of a problem" and that may well be true, but fast forward to FEB 2019. At this point they have to know this is a issue with EVERY 2019 PLATINUM HIGHLANDER that is delivered to their lot to be sold be it for a normal sale or having been ordered by a customer on the build your own ( which is what we did ), Now...if you are a salesman, do you tell someone that's looking to buy a Platinum trim..."I have to tell you there's this problem that may or may not be fixed down the road and Oh, by the way, this Platinum Trim is $3,000 + MORE than the Limited Trim". I'm sure their sales commission check rules how this scenario plays out...honesty vs.a paycheck. I'm betting they know they are selling a vehicle with this issue, then playing dumb when customers come back asking questions. You have to keep in mind that not everyone out there is a member of this or another forum where like us, you find out it's not just your vehicle with a problem. Others are going through the service dept doing a Entune radio update or even getting their radio head units swapped out with another one only to find out that didn't fix it...not to mention the wasted time without your Highlander or the time spent sitting in the service depts waiting area on their "fixes" that never helped.
I read in another post that someone's dealership said this "fix" was going to have a ETA of 6 months...i doubt that the Toyota engineers are putting a time frame on a fix, but they may be blowing smoke up people's backsides because they themselves do not know what else to tell people. But again, this is all just my thoughts. Like everyone else, I'm upset, yes, its not the engine, not the transmission, but on this high of a priced vehicle...this shouldn't have happened nor should they still be selling them to other unsuspecting customers, but sadly in the end, the almighty dollar controls the rules of the game
Do I think that Toyota should compensate us for this to show they want our loyalty, trust and faith...you bet, and a 2 year or 60,000 mile warranty extension would be sweet...Do I think they would do that? I do not...the best scenario I think will happen is that at some point they WILL find a fix ( maybe even taking 6 months or longer )....we will take our Platinums into the service dept...wait a hour or 2 while they plug in the update file, wait for it to finish, then hand you back your key fob and down the road we will go... only time will tell !!
But PLEASE, if you are new to this forum and are reading this Thread and you also own a Platinum trim with this issue, Call the 800 number and get a case number. Perhaps the MORE reported cases they receive, the more Toyota engineers they put out there working on this !
I agree with your thoughts with one exception...
Toyota does have a history with extending warranties etc., in my personal experience I owned a 2010 Lexus GX 460 that had an issue with the engines air injection system.
They extended the warranty for repair to 10 years from date of purchase or 150,000 miles and reimbursed owners for repairs made prior to the warranty extension was implemented, FACT.

I planted the 2 year 60,000 mile extension seed because it is a win-win, reasonable and would cost Toyota very little, if enough of us seriously put it out there when in communication with Toyota wheels turn.
How far this request will go remains to be seen but there is no harm in asking (in this case demanding would be appropriate) warranty extensions for auto makers to compensate is not without precedent...
Lexus received a lot of good press when they did the air injection extension it said we stand behind our product. My GX460 was not part of the bad batch but I have purchased several new Toyota products since then in large measure because of the way that situation was handled.
Again no harm in putting it out there; we deserve some kind of compensation and it needs to part of the conversation when making this right.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think a warranty extension is much more common in situations where a mechanical defect has occurred as in the Lexus example. I seriously doubt there's going to be any warranty extension for an electrical bug that has a simple work around.

I also have my doubts about whether Toyota is really working on a solution or not. Let's be realistic - even if everyone who has posted in this thread has called Toyota and received a case number you're probably talking a couple dozen complaints. That doesn't seem to be enough to get on Toyota's radar when it's not an issue that impacts the reliability or safety of the car. The only things that seem to get any manufacturer's attention are those that would involve some sort of regulatory agency that has the authority to force a change or impose financial consequences.

I really hope Toyota issues a fix for this bug and I will be pleasantly surprised if they do but I am not going to hold my breath.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think a warranty extension is much more common in situations where a mechanical defect has occurred as in the Lexus example. I seriously doubt there's going to be any warranty extension for an electrical bug that has a simple work around.

I also have my doubts about whether Toyota is really working on a solution or not. Let's be realistic - even if everyone who has posted in this thread has called Toyota and received a case number you're probably talking a couple dozen complaints. That doesn't seem to be enough to get on Toyota's radar when it's not an issue that impacts the reliability or safety of the car. The only things that seem to get any manufacturer's attention are those that would involve some sort of regulatory agency that has the authority to force a change or impose financial consequences.

I really hope Toyota issues a fix for this bug and I will be pleasantly surprised if they do but I am not going to hold my breath.
You are incorrect regarding warranty extensions are prevalent only when "where a mechanical defect has occurred" take the Cadillac Cue system class action and Ford's SYNC settlements... both were similar in scope to the issue being discussed here and most people are familiar with what I am referring to when I mention the Cue and SYNC debacles so the bad press did reverberate.

I don't believe Toyota wants that kind of bad press and quite frankly as someone who is living with the vehicle in question neither do I, paid a real premium for the Platinum.
Please don't take this the wrong way but from I can gather your HL is an 2014 XLE your voice command works you are not grasping the issue and inconvenience. Using the navigation should be seamless the work around means pulling over shutting off your Highlander restarting etc. try it on a busy interstate as I have had to do; works but we paid close to 50 large for this headache on a brand new truck.
I discovered it did not work on the interstate someplace I'd never been and having to take your eyes off the road to read directions in heavy traffic is a BIG deal and a SAFETY issue.
My point is no harm in asking and if we take the position of sit back and take it nothing will be made right.
I've said many times I am not holding my breath for a fix as well but that does not mean I will not call the 800 number and let Toyota know I have a problem and I want satisfaction.
There will be some correction/compensation on Toyota's part regarding this; the question is what and when I am simply suggesting what part of the "what" should/could include to make things right.

Again not being snarky but you have the experience it to understand it is a serious concern that should have never happened in the first place ,your 2014 voice command works as does the one in my 2013.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with your thoughts with one exception...
Toyota does have a history with extending warranties etc., in my personal experience I owned a 2010 Lexus GX 460 that had an issue with the engines air injection system.
They extended the warranty for repair to 10 years from date of purchase or 150,000 miles and reimbursed owners for repairs made prior to the warranty extension was implemented, FACT.

I planted the 2 year 60,000 mile extension seed because it is a win-win, reasonable and would cost Toyota very little, if enough of us seriously put it out there when in communication with Toyota wheels turn.
How far this request will go remains to be seen but there is no harm in asking (in this case demanding would be appropriate) warranty extensions for auto makers to compensate is not without precedent...
Lexus received a lot of good press when they did the air injection extension it said we stand behind our product. My GX460 was not part of the bad batch but I have purchased several new Toyota products since then in large measure because of the way that situation was handled.
Again no harm in putting it out there; we deserve some kind of compensation and it needs to part of the conversation when making this right.
What a coincidence! Just before I got my platinum Highlander in November, I had the GX 460 2013. I had the air injection system defect. And unfortunately, my defect revealed itself just before the warranty and big notice came out on the issue. I paid a lot of money to have it repaired, then the warranty and notice came out within the two weeks after I had it fixed. I had to submit my Lexus service receipts and got reimbursed but not for the full amount. I don’t know how they calculated the reimbursement, but they sent whatever amount with no detailed explanation. I miss that GX 460. I wish a mythical hybrid GX 460 with bird’s eye view camera existed! I also miss the Lexus level of service—shuttle rides round trip, easy loaner cars, free car washes, etc. Obviously that is all built into the high price of the Lexus vehicles, but I still was spoiled by all that. And now, having a brand new Highlander with this sound/voice prompt issue is a nuisance.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Again not being snarky but you have the experience it to understand it is a serious concern that should have never happened in the first place ,your 2014 voice command works as does the one in my 2013.
I didn't mean to come across as minimizing your concern or frustration and I apologize if it sounded that way. I'm just very skeptical that Toyota will actually do something about it. :chug:

81 - 100 of 331 Posts