Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
straight cash homie
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/02/check-new-2019-lexus-ux-compact-crossover.html
Lexus has released the first official image of its new UX compact crossover ahead of its debut early next month.

The UX is Lexus’ new crossover aimed at millennial city dwellers and other customers that don’t need a vehicle as large as the Lexus RX. It features the automaker’s impossible to miss spindle grille, which is flanked by two rather large front air intakes. The side profile is also quite bold with a dramatic character line splitting the car just below the windows.

“These first visuals reveal the UX’s bold and stylish design that blends expressive bodywork with a compact size,” the automaker said in a prepared release. “Its crossover credentials are signalled by its muscular haunches and high beltline, yet underneath the skin there’s an all-new platform that gives the UX exceptional body rigidity and a low center of gravity for exceptional handling.”

Lexus says the interior, which can be briefly seen in the video embedded below, is “highly driver focused” with a “brave design” and “intuitive technology features.” We’re not expecting too many surprises inside, however, with everything from the dash layout to the center console looking typically Lexus in the preview clip.

The Lexus UX will debut during its press conference on March 6th at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. Be sure to check back for the full run down on the 2019 Lexus UX following its unveiling.

·
straight cash homie
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a picture of the car? All I can see is its grill.
That's all that's out right now. Will post more once they're available, which will likely happen when it comes out at the Geneva auto show in a month or two.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's all that's out right now. Will post more once they're available, which will likely happen when it comes out at the Geneva auto show in a month or two.
It was just a little joke about how there's not much to see except grill on these new cars. I don't understand why lexus/toyota is doing this.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,534 Posts
Seems like a dressed up C-HR. Question is, will it be quicker? Probably not as much. Most likely a different variant of the same 2.0L engine in the C-HR with CVT.

Seems like this is the CT200 replacement.

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,312 Posts
Seems like a dressed up C-HR. Question is, will it be quicker? Probably not as much. Most likely a different variant of the same 2.0L engine in the C-HR with CVT.

https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/lexus/21357143.html?padid=ag478_from_kv
The UX is based on the CHR platform but it uses the new 2.0L Dynamic Force engine paired with the new Direct Shift CVT unlike the CHR's 2.0L 3ZR-FE and current K series CVT. I'll reserve full judgment of its looks until I see it in person but from watching the video, it looks pretty good. I'll still wait till I get a proper look at it though. However, the interior does look really nice. Also, with it being slotted under the RX and I'm assuming NX as well, it should be a good value for a luxury car for what you get. It also has E-four which is all-wheel drive with the hybrid powertrain. I also think the hybrid version may replace the CT200h.

·
straight cash homie
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yep, the 2.0L is what the C-HR should've had, and the UX ought to have the same engine as the NX. The smallest Volvo has a 250hp turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts