Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure the dynamic lines worked on backup camera. After remote start was installed, gone! Only fixed lines. I have tried opening diag menus, but no options for camera. Anybody have experience ?

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
I am sure the dynamic lines worked on backup camera. After remote start was installed, gone! Only fixed lines. I have tried opening diag menus, but no options for camera. Anybody have experience ?
Take it back to the shop that installed the remote start.

Funny that it seems like 90% of electrical problems reported on this forum always seem to include the words "remote start"
The problem is that making a remote start work includes not only tapping into various power sources, but also intercepting and interrupting other circuits.
Modern vehicles are far more complex than they were even 15 years ago. The installer likely bypassed the signal that transmits the steering wheel position to the HU.

It *may* be a simple matter of recalibrating the system by running the wheel from lock to lock several times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Funny.. the dealer installed remote start, and when I asked about the disappear of dynamic lines, they brought document out that says that feature isn't on my VIN.. I saw some posts that it can be enabled by diag menus.. but no luck for me. I'll try the steering trick tommorow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts