Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a '19 Ltd today, my dealer got two in today, both Midnight Black Metallic Ltds, which looks really nice in the sun, wouldn't want to maintain it tho. Cabin/road noise is about the same as my '16 Ltd HV, but may be due to the 19" Yokohama Avid GT tires on it, ride is firm and controlled and not harsh over bumps and pot holes like the 4.4 could be. I actually went on two test drives, the first alone with my wife cuz Brian the salesman was busy, he just gave me the fob and said go for a drive. When we got back, he said he hadn't driven one yet, so he drove and we rode this time, gave me a chance to sit in the passenger seat. I'm 5'-11", had no issues with the either seat with head room when entering or exiting with the lower roof line as some reviewer mentioned, both seats were very comfortable, the softex feels more leather-like than my '16 HV's softex, my wife and Brian both commented on it. . Both stickers were right around $38k, one had door edge protectors and body side molding added. The rear view mirror camera is really cool, and the 360º birds eye camera worked really good, but I could prolly live without either.

·
Gman_yota
53 Posts
Does the 2019 have more interior space than the ‘18,
or was it not that much of a difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seat size between bolsters

I am 6’2” and 250 lbs. The seats bolsters in the 2018 RAV were too close together for me and made the seats uncomfortable during my test drive. I’ve been waiting for the 2019 to see if they are better. Does anyone know if the bolsters are further apart?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you driven an 18 or 19 XLE Camry HV and if so how does the interior/cabin/road noise compare to the 19 RAV4?

I drove a '19 Ltd today, my dealer got two in today, both Midnight Black Metallic Ltds, which looks really nice in the sun, wouldn't want to maintain it tho. Cabin/road noise is about the same as my '16 Ltd HV, but may be due to the 19" Yokohama Avid GT tires on it, ride is firm and controlled and not harsh over bumps and pot holes like the 4.4 could be. I actually went on two test drives, the first alone with my wife cuz Brian the salesman was busy, he just gave me the fob and said go for a drive. When we got back, he said he hadn't driven one yet, so he drove and we rode this time, gave me a chance to sit in the passenger seat. I'm 5'-11", had no issues with the either seat with head room when entering or exiting with the lower roof line as some reviewer mentioned, both seats were very comfortable, the softex feels more leather-like than my '16 HV's softex, my wife and Brian both commented on it. . Both stickers were right around $38k, one had door edge protectors and body side molding added. The rear view mirror camera is really cool, and the 360º birds eye camera worked really good, but I could prolly live without either.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am 6’2” and 250 lbs. The seats bolsters in the 2018 RAV were too close together for me and made the seats uncomfortable during my test drive. I’ve been waiting for the 2019 to see if they are better. Does anyone know if the bolsters are further apart?
I can't say for sure, but just comfort wise, I don't think there's any difference, or any significant difference between the two. At least on the LE models - I've owned both years now. I ended up just buying a new standard size dark blue bath towel and folding it twice to end up with a thick rectangular pad and put it in the seat and then I put one of those mesh type seat mats on top of that. This keeps the left bolster from pressing into the softer tissue on my leg - which was very uncomfortable for driving any more than a few minutes. It has worked great for me, but I'm only 5'9" so I don't have to worry about adding to my height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
InTheUS
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing