Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 2019 Rav4 into the dealer today to get the recalled low pressure fuel pump replaced. It took them about 4 hours to get it done. When I picked it up, the cabin now reeks of gasoline. Did they have to go through the cabin to access the gas tank ? and spill gas on the interior ? Any recommendations on how to find the spill ? What to use to clean it up ?

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 XLE ICE engine
297 Posts
The fuel pump is under the rear seat cushion on the floor on the driver's side. They take out the cushion and remove the pump from inside the RAV. They may have got gas slopped onto your floor under the seat. It's also possible they did not install the pump correctly and fuel is actually leaking out of the gas tank under the seat. I would remove the seat cushion and see what's what. Its supposed to be simply a foam pad and just lifts up I think. If its actually leaking gas take it to the dealer right away as it is a tremendous fire hazard. Drive with windows open as gas fumes can make you faint and dizzy and nauseous. If you don't feel or see any gas presently leaking from the pump then feel around and see if there is any puddled gas. Soak it all up with paper towels until dry. Cover the area with baking soda and then vacuum and brush it all up. keep windows open as much as possible to air the car out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I brought my 2019 Rav4 into the dealer today to get the recalled low pressure fuel pump replaced. It took them about 4 hours to get it done. When I picked it up, the cabin now reeks of gasoline. Did they have to go through the cabin to access the gas tank ? and spill gas on the interior ? Any recommendations on how to find the spill ? What to use to clean it up ?
If the odor persists after 1 day, would return to dealer.

Read of issues with the filler valve being loose and other installation issues after replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.