·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid
48 Posts
Edit: (Sorry, I didn't look up the terminology before replying. I was talking about auto high beams below, I guess a standard feature in Limited dress.)

My wife tried them on one trip with her new Rav4 and turned them off for good. She said they were turning on and off very frequently, especially on our local Interstate which is only moderately busy at night.

I still think they might be nice on our local 2-lane road that sometimes only has occasional cars at night and where high beams are useful to spot deer sooner.

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. The $3.035 top package includes adaptive headlights or AFS. I might be misunderstanding, but believe you might be referring to the auto high beam feature. I was curious if anyone actually has a vehicle with the AFS system and if they could comment on it.

If you do have the AFS, I was curious on curvy roads did you notice any better illumination with it on or off?

http://www.toyota.com.cn/innovation/safety_technology/safety_technology/technology_file/active/afs.html

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for replying. I was curious if they'd even started shipping that package yet. My dealer has been searching for one for me in parallel to ordering one from the factory.

·
Registered
2019 XLE Premium AWD
439 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any adaptive headlight option (AFS) owners out there who can report on how well this feature works on their vehicle? This is the feature that as you turn the steering wheel, the headlights also turn to better illuminate on corners. It is shown as part of the $3,035 USD option package.

http://www.toyota.com.cn/innovation/safety_technology/safety_technology/technology_file/active/afs.html
I read that hybrids with the adaptive headlights are being made in Canada, and those vehicles don't have the panoramic sunroof, the vehicles made in Japan are just the opposite.

I have the limited hybrid with the panoramic sunroof without the adaptive headlights so can't comment on their function. I can say however that the regular headlights work extremely well, and don't feel any loss from not having the adaptive headlights.

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rented a non hybrid 2019 RAV4 this week while on business, and boy, are the headlights wonderful.

My dealer is still looking for a limited for me with AFS and believes all of RAV4's are coming out of Japan, but he's not yet seen one with AFS in person yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adaptive headlights are not available in Texas nor the 5 states around Texas. Toyota dealers would not even let me order a car with adaptive headlights.

In fact, the Texas and surrounding states order options are very limited. To get the Advanced Technology package, you have to get a panoramic roof. With Texas heat and constant hail storms, it does not make sense that Toyota is not allowing the sale of non-panoramic roof with Advance Tech package.

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adaptive headlights are not available in Texas nor the 5 states around Texas. Toyota dealers would not even let me order a car with adaptive headlights.

In fact, the Texas and surrounding states order options are very limited. To get the Advanced Technology package, you have to get a panoramic roof. With Texas heat and constant hail storms, it does not make sense that Toyota is not allowing the sale of non-panoramic roof with Advance Tech package.
I wonder if they are blocking the sale of adaptive headlights for Lexus as well? That seams strange, not unbelievable, but strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rented a non hybrid 2019 RAV4 this week while on business, and boy, are the headlights wonderful.

My dealer is still looking for a limited for me with AFS and believes all of RAV4's are coming out of Japan, but he's not yet seen one with AFS in person yet.
Mine with the adaptive headlights was built in Canada

HL - Adaptive Front Headlight System LED Projector Headlights with Level Control, Auto High Beam and Auto On/Off Feature
Factory

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine with the adaptive headlights was built in Canada

HL - Adaptive Front Headlight System LED Projector Headlights with Level Control, Auto High Beam and Auto On/Off Feature
Factory
That's good to know.... my sales guy has only seen ones from Japan hitting their dealership..... should be interesting as production ramps up to meet demand what all we learn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any adaptive headlight option (AFS) owners out there who can report on how well this feature works on their vehicle? This is the feature that as you turn the steering wheel, the headlights also turn to better illuminate on corners. It is shown as part of the $3,035 USD option package.

whoa Baby $3000 for some headlights that turn. ThAat's a lot of lettuce.
Let me tell ya I had those turny swervy headlighters on them there BMW and VOLVO and Let me tell ya(TM) I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE them.
My friend - SAVE your money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read that hybrids with the adaptive headlights are being made in Canada, and those vehicles don't have the panoramic sunroof, the vehicles made in Japan are just the opposite.

I have the limited hybrid with the panoramic sunroof without the adaptive headlights so can't comment on their function. I can say however that the regular headlights work extremely well, and don't feel any loss from not having the adaptive headlights.
Your summary reflects exactly what I was told when ordering my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
whoa Baby $3000 for some headlights that turn. ThAat's a lot of lettuce.
Let me tell ya I had those turny swervy headlighters on them there BMW and VOLVO and Let me tell ya(TM) I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE them.
My friend - SAVE your money!
The headlights are about $400 if bought standalone. The options package he refers to includes among other things adaptive headlights, advanced technology package (digital rear view mirror, 360 views etc.), advanced weather (heated steering wheel, ventilated seats etc) and premium audio, i.e. fully loaded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts