Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a conspiracy. Why won't someone make a TUNER for the Tundra? Seems to me all the major automakers are ticked off at TOYOTA being on top. AND No one wants to make a TUNER for the Toyota Tundra? BULLY DOG?? Nobody??

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's a conspiracy. Why won't someone make a TUNER for the Tundra? Seems to me all the major automakers are ticked off at TOYOTA being on top. AND No one wants to make a TUNER for the Toyota Tundra? BULLY DOG?? Nobody??
Well firdt of all Toyota isn't on top when it comes to the truck market. The only competition Toyota is ahead of is the Nissan Titan. So as you should be able to figure out the Tundra isn't as big a market as the big 3 (Ford, Chevy, Dodge).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tundra IS, IS on TOP! My Family members work for FORD AND DODGE. I know first hand. I could have bought a NEW FORD OR A NEW DODGE. I have BOTH Employee discounts. I could have bought one. TOYOTA makes a MORE Reliable truck than ANYBODY. Who cares if you can carry more weight. If it won't start. You have nothing. I dont know you. I know my family. The Most Reliable Used Pickup Trucks in Consumer Reports Rankings
Toyota Tundra. Toyota's full-sizer is the most reliable truck on the market.
Honda Ridgeline. Honda's reliability shines through in the Ridgeline. ...
Nissan Frontier. The Frontier is one tough compact truck. ...
Toyota Tacoma. ...
Ford F-350. ...
Chevrolet Avalanche. ...
Ford F-250. ...
Ram 1500. ...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Tundra IS, IS on TOP! My Family members work for FORD AND DODGE. I know first hand. I could have bought a NEW FORD OR A NEW DODGE. I have BOTH Employee discounts. I could have bought one. TOYOTA makes a MORE Reliable truck than ANYBODY. Who cares if you can carry more weight. If it won't start. You have nothing. I dont know you. I know my family. The Most Reliable Used Pickup Trucks in Consumer Reports Rankings

Toyota Tundra. Toyota's full-sizer is the most reliable truck on the market.

Honda Ridgeline. Honda's reliability shines through in the Ridgeline. ...

Nissan Frontier. The Frontier is one tough compact truck. ...

Toyota Tacoma. ...

Ford F-350. ...

Chevrolet Avalanche. ...

Ford F-250. ...

Ram 1500. ...
The market doesn't look at reliability when it comes to manufacturing or offering alternatives. They look at the numbers and Toyota doesn't have it compared to the rest. That's all I was speaking about was numbers. I agree about the reliability but that's it. Take a look at mod size pick up trucks.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/10/pickup-truck-sales-breakdown-third-quarter-2018.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do agree with you on reliability! They told me not to buy a FORD DODGE ARE A CHEVY. They said they make them so fast. Then park them outside then they have to go back over all of what they just made because of all the problems. I want a TUNER for my NEW TRUCK and there's NO REASON Why I should have a problem finding one. All the other trucks have them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I do agree with you on reliability! They told me not to buy a FORD DODGE ARE A CHEVY. They said they make them so fast. Then park them outside then they have to go back over all of what they just made because of all the problems. I want a TUNER for my NEW TRUCK and there's NO REASON Why I should have a problem finding one. All the other trucks have them.
Well just leave it and enjoy and your Toyota will remain the most reliable truck amongst the rest.

·
Registered
'14 4Runner Trail Ed
515 Posts
IMHO, it would be extremely difficult for any aftermarket company to produce a viable business case for building a tuner for a pickup that is only 5% of the truck market in the US. The price would have to be totally outrageous for a company to make even a small profit, given that only a handful of Tundra owners would even want a tuner to begin with. In other words, there's not enough potential buyers to build a business case for making one.

If you want one bad enough, I'm afraid you'll have to build it yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I also thought that? I'm going to call Bully Dog right now and see what they say. I already talked to them before and they didn't even take the time to mention that to me??? That's my pit bull below Eldiablo Negro Jr.

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nothing has changed. The 4.6L & 5.7L are the same as well as the 6 speed transmission. Everything been the same since 2007

1 - 12 of 12 Posts