Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is ever any "fix" or TSB modification developed that helps the spastic, bi-polar, jerky and #PizzPoor 8 speed trasmission on my '19 Camry 4 cylinder LE shift better; PLEASE let me know.

The power-train on my 2011 Camry was a much more harmonious combo.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is a TSB that some people have had the dealership done that HELPS, not solve the problem, you could give it a try, I’m not sure about the TSB code though.

Also some people said the pedal commander helps a lot, some say a night and day difference it’s just you have to fork out about 300 bucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am quite pleased with this transmission. The early lock-up means that there is a positive feel without much "slippage". It feels a lot like a manual in the lower gears. The car feels very quick and responsive, It has done the hesitation and downshift a very few times in 10k miles.
I do not mean to doubt the unhappy experience of so many others.

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
17 Posts
I have to say I'm quite pleased with the 8 speed auto as well. It's a night and day difference from the stupid cvt with fake shifts in my wife's last Nissan.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,221 Posts
It may well be the nature of the beast but some people are not willing to accept it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is a new TSB out for the 2019 Camry, Hesitation on Acceleration From a Slow Roll or Rolling Stop.
It says something about a certain drive procedure must be performed to have it take effect. Do you know what the procedure might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
It says something about a certain drive procedure must be performed to have it take effect. Do you know what the procedure might be?
It's detailed as the final page of the service procedure in the TSB. Requires repeated specific braking of two different durations, each repeated 15 times!

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's on the last page of the TSB.
The drive procedure should be performed by the technician and not the owner.

5. Drive the vehicle to a safe and appropriate location where the following drive patterns can be performed.

6. Return the vehicle to the customer and explain that the transmission shift schedule has been modified and should adapt to the customer’s driving habits as the vehicle is driven.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,799 Posts
Let the techncians
That was already out for the RAV4. Saw it on youtube. The guy that works at the dealer said it didnt help much.
Right, but it shows that Toyota does recognize the issue and pushed a ECU reflash for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lets wait for the miracle.
I fought with Toyota for 9 months over this transmission ECU issue. They don't care. I demonstrated the issue to the technicians 4 times and they duplicated it as well. One technician said that my car "accelerates from a stop or rolling stop like it's stuck in neutral". Toyota responded "Normal operating characteristic". They suck.

·
South of the north pole
114 Posts
The drive procedure should be performed by the technician and not the owner.

5. Drive the vehicle to a safe and appropriate location where the following drive patterns can be performed.

6. Return the vehicle to the customer and explain that the transmission shift schedule has been modified and should adapt to the customer’s driving habits as the vehicle is driven.
Reading the details of the drive pattern, it's designed to "force" the ECU to adapt the described pattern in the TSB, by performing it 15 times in a row. It's interesting insight into how the ECU adapts to the customer's driving pattern.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts