Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
TSB just says 2019.
The old TSB was out for the 2018MY. Meanwhile they sold some more shitty transmissions as 2019MY, hence the new TSB for 2019...
There will be a TSB for 2020MY. And so on...until they acknowledge the failure and RECALL these transmissions or lose all of their TNGA platform-scared clients to HONDA.

Unless someone gets killed or there is a potential for death, I doubt they will get recalled. Just wait til the next best thing because that will have its own issues and people will forget about the 8-speed.

Talk to a lemon law attorney.

I fought with Toyota for 9 months over this transmission ECU issue. They don't care. I demonstrated the issue to the technicians 4 times and they duplicated it as well. One technician said that my car "accelerates from a stop or rolling stop like it's stuck in neutral". Toyota responded "Normal operating characteristic". They suck.

I am quite pleased with this transmission. The early lock-up means that there is a positive feel without much "slippage". It feels a lot like a manual in the lower gears. The car feels very quick and responsive, It has done the hesitation and downshift a very few times in 10k miles.
I do not mean to doubt the unhappy experience of so many others.
You'll be quite pleased until you have to have it replaced.

I had mine done this past Saturday, 01/25/20. Took 3 hours. The issue didn't bother me per se, but I had it done regardless. I notice a lot less lag now, making me happier than I was before, but I wasn't even that bothered by it before. I still notice a tiny bit of lag.
anyone got this new TSB for 19 Camry performed in any dealership yet?

The car is simply too eager to upshift. Toyota might not realize that in America everyone thinks they're in a literal race on the roadway, and as such, our cars need to be tuned to keep up with this miserable stampede called society. We need a "stampede" mode for the transmission. Efficient mode is great and all but not practical for the horrible circumstances we suffer in the "real" (crappy) world.

I find the transmission to be fine on the highway, It seems to suck at lower gear shifts and is super annoying in traffic when it get stuck in a certain gear. Even the slightest tap on the throttle makes your neck break when it is in a certain gear range. I am hoping if I ask for this TSB it will fix itself. Toyota of Hackensack doesn't want to fix any of the problems with my car even when I mention it so I think I am going to try a different dealer.

There is a new TSB out for the 2019 Camry, Hesitation on Acceleration From a Slow Roll or Rolling Stop.
I took my '19 XSE with 4500 miles on it to my local dealership and asked about this TSB. They didn't know anything about it so I pulled out my hard copy. They looked it up in their system, agreed, and did the software update a few days later. Frankly I can't tell that it helped much and now it runs a bit rough in the first minute after a cold start. If I had it to do over I wouldn't.

I took my '19 XSE with 4500 miles on it to my local dealership and asked about this TSB. They didn't know anything about it so I pulled out my hard copy. They looked it up in their system, agreed, and did the software update a few days later. Frankly I can't tell that it helped much and now it runs a bit rough in the first minute after a cold start. If I had it to do over I wouldn't.
Does your receipt show which TSB they applied?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.