Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone dueler vs Michelin latitude tour offered on new 2019. Anyone favor one over the other.??

·
Registered
'16 XLE
50 Posts
Normally I'd always say Michelin, but that particular Latitude only has a UTQG of 200 which puts it about on a par with the OEM Dueler, which is not much of a tire. In my opinion.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Bridgestone dueler vs Michelin latitude tour offered on new 2019. Anyone favor one over the other.??
I have the factory dueler on my 2017. They ride harsh especially when cold, somewhat better when hot (or sitting in the sun for a while). I went back and test drove HL with the factory Michelins and they all felt a little more softer and smoother than the Bridgestones. Go test drive both and pick the one you like.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
If you're going to test drive them to make a comparison, you'll have to make sure the tire pressure is correct first. The tires are often over-inflated while sitting on the lot. The dealer is supposed to set the pressure as part of the pre-delivery setup and TPMS initialization, but I have yet to buy a new Toyota where the tires aren't over-inflated. When I test drove my 2018 Tacoma, I was really disappointed by how bumpy the ride was, but then I got it home and found the tires were maybe 5-7 psi too high. Once I fixed that, the ride improved considerably!

·
Registered
2016 Highlander XLE
52 Posts
I just installed a set of Toyo Q/T's and love them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run Michelins on my other cars so I like them. I noticed that the Highlanders came in both Bridgestones and Michelins when I was shopping for my Highlander. It just happened that I got lucky and bought the one with Michelin tires. So far they are quiet and ride nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts